GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blue Trawler AKA Bruce Gordon sent me a set of Chef's cargo keepers for Christmas, and I finally got around to installing them today. I guess "install" isn't really the right word. They're perfectly molded to match the contours of the bottom of each bag, and just slip into place. No screws, no bolts, no clips, no double sided tape. Just set them in. There is a left and right side. The one on the left even allows you to still use the strap over the tool kit. Which I was glad of. More on that later. First the pictures. You can get them from our friend and resident chef, Chef. :s13: @ http://www.chriscoacc.com/

the one on the left side will be particular handy when opening the bad while the bike is on the side stand. Things won't be as pron to fall out on the lid.

It was such a nice day, I just had to go for a ride. I closed the bags after taking the pictures and headed south. I did a 100 mile loop that swings through the Arizona New Mexico desert, through the little farming community of Verden New Mexico, back into Arizona and home. OH...I mentioned the tool kit earlier. Some of you will remember all the flap about the bar end weights falling off brand new bikes. Well, in 2 1/2 years mine's always stayed tight.....till today. I've always used the weights as kind of a hand rest, using them to just hang my thumbs on. While riding across the desert, I thought something felt funny and sure enough, the right one was loose. The farther I went, the looser it got. I stopped on the edge of the road, out in the desert, got the tool kit out and re installed the weight. I actually caught myself watching for rattle snakes. I finally realized it is winter and all those creepy crawly things are burrowed in right now. It was looser than I thought. It was about to drop off. I tossed the tool kit back inside the cargo keeper off I went. It was a a really nice ride. Apone arriving home, I opened the right bag to get my duster out and everything was still standing just like it is in the picture.

Thanks for your kind attention...and the use of the board.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Jim,

As you said, No Mounting. Just stick them in and get on with your ride. A very good product.

Bulldog

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Jim, glad to hear you also like the cargo keepers.
Chris has a real winner here.
Also enjoyed hearing about your ride today. Wish I was able to do the same but winter has set in and we had almost blizzard like conditions all most of the day.
Don

·
Chard Member
12,970 Posts
Could a person with minimal mechanical skills install the "Cargo Keepers" from www.chriscoacc.com ? I'd hate to purchase a set of "Cargo Keepers" from www.chriscoacc.com and have to take them to my dealer for install. They look very usefull. :D :D

Hope you enjoy them Jim!

OKAY....SO THIS IS A CHEAP PLUG FOR CHEF! LOL...

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
RED..the skill required to install the"CARGO KEEPERS" is minimal.
I'm sure that www.chriscoacc.com took great care and consideration when designing the "CARGO KEEPERS".
The "CARGO KEEPERS" are a no-brainer.
Don

·
Registered
364 Posts
In the new edition of Wing World pg.28 there is a write up about those cargo keepers from chriscoacc.com. I mean our buddy chef is goin nation wide, you know big time, all the way to the top with those cargo keepers from chriscoacc.com, And beside all that they work real good. :D :lol:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Amaxx said:
Hay Jim what's the hub cap for in your first pix? :lol:

Al
Al, that's not a hub cap. It's the clear plastic cover on my California Duster. Works great for light dust, and I never, and I mean never clean the windshield until I go over it with the duster. That dust will grind your shield like sand paper, even when using wet towels or t-shirts.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

It's a pre-treated duster that works real well for light dusting. They have the smaller version for auto dashboards and interiors, and a larger version for the outside of the car. I have both. I use the small one (pictured) on the entire bike. You can get them at Walmart for less than $10 I think.

Let them set over night wrapped up in an old newspaper to soak up excess oil. It will streak, but the streaks clean up easy when using Honda spray or Quick Detailer afterwards.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Keeper Instal

Hey, Red

It is far harder to put a bike cover on than it is to
put the Cargo Keepers in. In fact, it take little
longer to check the tire pressure. The hardest
part is cleaning out the bags. Love mine.

Ride like there is no tomorrow. One day you will be right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts