GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I installed the floorboards. Now for a power source. Is there a power source down there. I installed fog lights and amazingly they work. They go off on high beams as they should. Is there a power source available with out running one from the fuse block for the lighted floorboards. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
O.k, since no one else has replied with first hand knowlege, I'll venture a guess. Do you have ring of fire/rotor covers on your bike? If so, and both the rings and the boards are LED, why not tap into the same power? LED lights use very little power, so a relay isn't necessary in my opinion. There is power inside both sides of the fairing going up to the turn signal lights, and also in the area of the fog lights, although the boards would be switched there. Do you have a shop repair manual? I bought one from Hal, it is invaluable when you are doing this kind of thing. If you can't find a power lead that will work, let me know and I'll go on a search and destroy in the book and see what I can find.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ran a wire from the fuse block. I may run it again once I open it up again and install a block up front. Thanks for the input

1 - 3 of 3 Posts