GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now have about 150 miles on the new Metz from HDL. So far they are great. Might be my imagination, but the bike seems to lean over a lot easier and there is no wobble, vibration or any other unwanted feelings. They went on last night and I rode around a little then and this morning (24 degrees) just to see how they work. I haave 43 lbs of (Winter. NE/SW :wink: ) air in front and rear. Very happy so far.
Thanks Hal!! :D

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
FYI: If you read the tire and ask around, I think you'll find that Metz's maximum air pressures are 40 front 42 rear. Just thought You'd like to know.

Haooy Holidays

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I was going on what other riders in my area said they run in cold weather. I look into it further. Once again, Thanks!

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
New tires always feel better and heel over quicker, they're rounder than the ones you took off right??
I love new sneakers on the bike!!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I bought Metz's last year and had them installed. I've got 14K miles on them now. Still look good although I just got 2 more sets and will install shortly. I like them for wear and handling.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
PunkinWing said:
New tires always feel better and heel over quicker, they're rounder than the ones you took off right??
I love new sneakers on the bike!!
PunkinWing is right they'll always turn in quicker than the flat spotted ones that got taken off.

BTW what brand of tires are you replacing?

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was running the original lops. Took them of at 13,650 miles and was not to the wear bars. Probably had another 1,000 miles on them but do not like to run anything that close to the limit.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I am on metzelers too....I have about 9,000 on front at 39psi.......the rear I keep at 41psi.......the rear is newer due to a nail..it only has 3,000 on it....I really like them,,they stick to the road,,no wobble,,,,no noise,,,,just a pleasurable ride!!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts