GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 06 the connectors on the noise filter for the fuel pump was not exactly correct. I had to file off a couple of tabs on one of them to get it to work. Anybody else have this on an 06? Is there maybe a version of the radio (filter) for an 06 that fits correctly.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I installed mine today and had no problem other than locating the connectors to plug the filters into. The fuel pump one isn't exactly where the install diagrams shows.

Ed
'06ABS

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fuel pump one isn't exactly where the install diagrams shows.
No it isn't but the alternative was not even close to the right plug. I'm pretty sure I got the right one. There are two for the fans and one for the fuel pump. Niether end of the filter Ihad was exactly right. It fit and was close but the connectors were not exactly like the ones onthe bike ( i mean the fuel pump one only.... the fans were fine)

Was just wondering if I got a radio that was only for a 01-05 and there is a different model for the 06 with a different filter? My CB box said fits 01 or something like that??

·
Registered
156 Posts
My fuel pump filter connectors were on the left side tucked down near the frame member. It looked to be an offshoot, not direct to the fuel pump. Oh well, it was the only one there that fit and the bike runs OK so I must have got it right. Unusual because Honda instructions are usually crystal clear.

Ed
'06 ABS

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure I know what you mean? are you saying the coneector you used was not plugged in to anything? If not that could not be it. the filter as I understand it goes in line with the fuel pump.......which of course must be plugged into the fuel pump already. Maybe I am not clear on what you're saying??

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
If I remember right, my fuel pump connections were right on top of the tank where the fuel pump is. Mine plugged right in.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well now it's even more of a mystery cause I had to modify my connector (on the bike) to fit the filter. Was two little tabs that had to come off to fit the filter female end. I get no noise so I guess everything is fine. Puzzling though!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Oops! You should not have had to modify the connector. Mine was connected, I opened the connector and found the the connectors matched the filter. It was the only matching connector anywhere in the area and it was located next to the frame (partially hidden by it) left of the fuel pump electrical.

Unfortunately, when I got everything back together, my ABS light won't extinguish. Damn! In searching for the right connectors for the filters, I must have disturbed another connector that has the ABS on it. Now I guess I get to take the top shelter off again :cry:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now I guess I get to take the top shelter off again
You know that wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. Now I don't mind so much taking it back off to do the cruise control fix that i forgot to do while I already had it off............doh!!!!!!!! :x

1 - 11 of 11 Posts