GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my new trunk spoiler w/brake light today. Great instructions, good template, only took about 45 minutes start to finish and that was because I was checking everything several times before I started to drill. I do have one question, there were two connectors where I connected the spoiler wires, a white one (this is the one I used) and a red one. Does anyone know what the red connector is for that is located behind the inside truck lid.

I really like the look of this, they are pricey but very pretty. I think it really completes the back of the bike.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
The red connector is for the optional remote start. :shock:

Its actually for the Honda mirror or trunk light, the EC trunk light kit or Power Plug or several other options.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Congrats on your bike and accessoriies NewBlue. Which dealer did you buy your wing from? I used to live in Waco until Feb of this year. Really enjoyed central Texas.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealer

I purchased my bike from Searcy, Ar. I got the best deal from them. The local dealer here in Waco has their bikes listed at MSRP. It is unfortunate that I had to go out of town to save money but it was well worth the trip.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Sunrise in Searcy has some good people and great service. Stopped in there for tires last summer.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Verdayne aka Wingnut said:
[quote="Lewis/EC":33x00emq]The red connector is for the optional remote start. :shock:
Oh no, here we go again. :lol:[/quote:33x00emq]
Yeah, but Verdayne, Lewis is talkin' about the 07 wings.
They're the ones that actually come with the remote start.
NOT like the earlier years.
:wink:

Soooo, Lewis, if we convince Wingnut the 07 has the remote start,
do you think we can get him to trade again?
(that would make number six for him I think)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
DC

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Lewis/EC said:
The red connector is for the optional remote start. :shock:
I thought that was where you connected the igniter for the afterburner :wink:

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
NewBlueWing,
I didn't have to travel as far as you did but the 256 miles for me was worth it. I also bought my '06 White GL1800 at Sunrise Honda in Searcy Arkansas. Barry Fiddler was my salesman and I was very pleased with the service I got. I ordered my bike over the phone and it was in fact ready for me when I arrived just as they said.

When did you get your Wing? I bought mine the last week of August.

They installed my rear spoiler without labor charges. I also had a CB radio installed before I picked it up.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sunrise Honda

I picked up my bike in October. I dealt with Tina the internet manager and she was a pleasure to work with. But then everyone in that dealership made me feel as if they were glad to see me. I was impressed with all aspects of Sunrise Honda. I arrived about a half hour before they opened on the day I was to pick up the bike and it was raining and cold. This young, friendly fellow came out to my truck and asked if I was there to pick up a bike and he then invited me in for coffee, before they had opened up. Great bunch of people and would definitely buy from them again. I had them to install the CB and CD player and fog lights. I installed that stuff on my 04 but didnt have the time to mess with it this time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sunrise Honda

I too bought my new '07 from Sunrise. I worked with Tina, in internet sales. I flew into Little Rock and spent the night there and they picked me up the next morning. The bike was ready to roll and I was on the road back to Vegas by 11:00. I rode back Thanksgiving week. Great people to deal with and worth the trip. Dealers out here in the southwest think an awful lot of their bikes. I suggested they open a store in Vegas!
I just installed the spoiler on my bike and am well pleased.
Being new to this board I am impressed with the helpful imformation available.

·
Registered
168 Posts
You guys ought to know by now. The connector is for the Electrical Anti-Wobble Gismo Unit.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Nah, it's the power connector for the CIWS to defend against incoming Nissan pickups. Coulda used one last December, eh?

Ride long and safe..and watch out for those Nissan Pickups. Oh, and Happy New Year, and welcome.

John
ETC (SW) USN ret
The Sabre Group ret
EDS ret
'06 GL18HPNAC6

1 - 13 of 13 Posts