GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 07 that has heated seat/grips and I want to install my heated Russell seat. can I just splice into the factory wiring for the seat and leave the russell control on the seat always on and control it from the factory switch? Or do I need to wire it to the battery and put in a resitor? to keep the factory grips functional. The seat has only the driver portion heated and I don't kow how many amps it draws. thanks for your help. bill

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't have an answer for you,but I will be having the same issue in the coming weeks as I just bought a 07 yesterday and I have no intention of letting my russell get away.
greg

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems that spicing into the factory wiring is a bad idea. I'm going to probably buy a plug with resitors that will plug into the factory harness and allow the factory grips to continue to work. Ultimate seat company has these for $50. I know I could save money by buying the resitors and doing the splicing/soldering myself but it will be way easier and then when I go to sell the bike I simply remove the plug and plug the factory seat back in.

I will then wire the Russell direct to the battery and use the switch/control that is built into the Russell seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts