GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will I find the upper plug behind the headlight control panel buried in the same area as previous years? Have you found anything different on the 06's when installing the lights?

TIA.....

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I have not installed the lights, but the boot is inthe same place. The shelter is a bit easier to get off I undertand.....the top (gages) portion. don't try to remove the speaker grills. Take out the plastic trim around the ignition and then pull up on it at that area......is on grommets. Two grommets up near the speakers too. and, the tweeters have a wire yo have to unhook plus the wire harness for the "info" stuff I guess it is.

Good luck.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I installed EC Platinum lights on my '06. No change from '05. Didn't pull
top shelter though, just fished wire through.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Dragonryder said:
I installed EC Platinum lights on my '06. No change from '05. Didn't pull
top shelter though, just fished wire through.
You got my attention on your post. Please explain your statement about fishing the wire through and not pulling the shelter. I thought there was a plug that you have to get to??? I have the '06 airbag and want to install lights on it, but being a newbie I really do not want to pull the shelter. I'm not that brave yet.

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
The only difference is the air bag version. You cannot use the current OEM, Show Chrome or our Platinum series. Any of our others will fit the air bag models.

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Dragon. I'm installing BB lights so I don't have to go back to the battery. If everything is the same as previous years the plug I need will be at the frame in a lrg blk boot at the headlight adjust panel.

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lewis/EC said:
The only difference is the air bag version. You cannot use the current OEM, Show Chrome or our Platinum series. Any of our others will fit the air bag models.
Is it just because of the different switch and location of the switch?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Red said:
Thanks Dragon. I'm installing BB lights so I don't have to go back to the battery. If everything is the same as previous years the plug I need will be at the frame in a lrg blk boot at the headlight adjust panel.
Thats it. You will have to remove left storage compartment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts