GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All :D

Finally got my backordered EC Amp and getting reading to install in my 03 Wing on Sat morning. I also ordered front & rear Diamond Audio speakers along with 4 bass blockers and the low voltage trigger.
Any body have any tips/suggestions on how to make the install go easy. How do you hook up the low voltage trigger? Should the Bass blockers be hooked up on the positive speaker wire closer to the Amp or speaker?
Amp also came with a filter in case of alternator whine...should I hook this up "just in case" or wait and see if I have the whine?

Thanks for any light you can shed.

Ken

·
Registered
786 Posts
also, I ground off the sharp corners of the EC amp a bit so it fit a little better and set it on top of a cushion of fiberglass.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
They say you do not have to remove the top shelter for running the front speaker wires....but I found it easier to route and secure the with everything off. I did not install the filter, took the wait and see option and there was no whine.

Just take your time and have everything opened up...pay attention to running the wires around the trunk hinges as they can pinch/cut if not given enough flex.

Good Luck...your going to enjoy mucho better tunes!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help......

The temps just got nice a coll here today so I will start Sat morning. I cant wait to hear the difference.

Ken

·
Registered
786 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts