GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tired of sharing my lane with cages, so I bought a set of Fiamm horns. (Got them from Gary Klavins, on the For Sale board, great dealing) and want to hook them up in tandem with the original horns on the Wing. Being electronically challenged....:eek:4:....can someone explain how I would do this. I want to use the exhisting horn button. Can I just tap into the original horn and run jumper wires to the new set????? Thanks for the help. Semper-fi Mike

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I'm tired of sharing my lane with cages, so I bought a set of Fiamm horns. (Got them from Gary Klavins, on the For Sale board, great dealing) and want to hook them up in tandem with the original horns on the Wing. Being electronically challenged....:eek:4:....can someone explain how I would do this. I want to use the exhisting horn button. Can I just tap into the original horn and run jumper wires to the new set????? Thanks for the help. Semper-fi Mike
I would just tap into the existing horn wire with a relay then + from the battery to your new addition and tada.
I'm sure someone will jump in to simplify this for you.
Can I just tap into the original horn and run jumper wires to the new set
This would probley blow a fuse or damage the relay.
Patrick

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I've done it this way and never blew a fuse yet. But to be honest I think having the stock horns on as well as the Fiamms seems to cancel things out for some reason and I really think the Fiamms alone are a better idea. I'll probably disconnect the stock horns soon for a while and do a proper test.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Ahhhhh OOOOOGAAAAAAH

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Here is install of WOLO's air horn
I trigger ir with a relay fired from horn wire
relay the power so you get more power to compressor to get it louder
I cut some screen material and silicone glue it to opening to keep out bugs
make a small simple bracket for compressor, mount it behind plactic cover that is above front lower cowling.
when you pull the black plastic cover you will see a hole just big enough for compressor

run air lines up and over the plastic cover with a splitter to go to both horns, VERY loud

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the good tips. I have decided to replace the stock horns and just insert the Fiamms in their place. Great responses. Thanks again. UPSSnowman, I'd hate to have you come up behind me unawares an blast those trumpets:22yikes:!!!!!!!!!! Might scare a few years off'n me!!!!!!! Semper-fi Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts