GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a set of MBL risers. It says to remove the meter panel. Is the enough slack in the tweeters to just hold up out of the way and install the risers or must it be removed?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
you can just move it up out of the way and youll be just fine. Just unhook the tweeters and it comes right off.I put a towel on top of my windshield and used a couple of bungee cords to hang the navi up so I had more room.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
No gotta take it off. Get the meter panel out of the way, it is not hard to do , just unplug the little black clips on the tweeters and take it off. If you have the Navi you also have to take the four bolts out of it and gently raise it up and bungee cord it out of the way too so you can get to the bolts to the handlebars.

Then when going back, just make sure you re-place and check the dust covers on the Meter(Navi) as you lower it back into place.

Some of the kits come with loc-tite on the bolts, be careful with starting the treads and do not over torque, as one day you will have to go in and re-torque or change the steering head bearings and all that has to come out again. Stuff some old towels in all the openings under the meter also, will keep you from dropping the spacer and bolts into the abyss.
Kit

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
+ 1 More on what Kit said :yes1:
Take your time, it only takes 10 minutes once the cover is out of the way

1 - 5 of 5 Posts