Discussion Starter #1
Any tips, suggestions or warnings?

Gary

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

I did mine a month or so ago.

My preplannin' included: No interruptions, know where yer runnin' lines to ahead of time and make sure all the possible tools needed are within a 10 step reach at the most.
I took my time researchin' the whole evolution, had several pics from this website I printed and had in the shop with me when I started.
It's not that it's difficult but when I'm personally takin' tupperware off my Wing I want to be totally in control of everything involved and be setup with all the correct stuff plus the tools. :wink:

Long but it shows I didn't want to have to stop half way thru to go more info from someone else.

Kudos to ya for checkin' ahead. :wink:

:flg:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What year is your bike? I'm almost done but I can't find the red connector on the bike. :(

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OH that's just fkn great. No damn wonder I can't find it. CRAP!!!!

Thanks for the info. Gary

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
******* Dave said:
8)

Kudos to ya for checkin' ahead. :wink:

:flg:
Well I guess this doesn't apply. :(

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gwlrhfarm said:
the '06 doesn't have the connector plug under the right pocket... you will have to either get power from the battery or get a harness from EC... http://www.electricalconnection.com/wir ... 6_accy.htm
My thanks to gwlrhfarm for this info. I ordered this harness and I now have heated grips. It is just a plug and play power harness from the left pocket power plug ran over to the right pocket for the thermostat. It works great. :D

Gary

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sorry, I don't mean to change the subject of the thread, but I too have a '06 Audio, and am thinking of adding heated grips. However, I already added a set of Kury grips. Hence, my question.... Can the Hondaline heated assemblies be added under/inside the Kurys?

Thanks
Mack

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
M&M said:
Sorry, I don't mean to change the subject of the thread, but I too have a '06 Audio, and am thinking of adding heated grips. However, I already added a set of Kury grips. Hence, my question.... Can the Hondaline heated assemblies be added under/inside the Kurys?

Thanks
Mack

No. You have to choose one or the other. In order to retain your Iso grips, you have to go with under heaters (like ours) or ones that wrap over the top (and then lose the cushy feel of the Iso's).

·
Registered
79 Posts
Does everything I need to install the OEM heated grips come with them. Do I need to get any adhesive or anything?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What year is your wing?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts