GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Bought the Honda OEM Fog lights, figured I would study the directions tonight and do the install in the morning. Everything seems easy enough. But you have to remove the left cowl trim molding to get to the screw to remove the panel the switch goes in.
How do you remove the trim molding? I'm don't want to pry it up and break it.

Thanks in advance,
Spike

· Registered
1,776 Posts
fog

have a plastic nife? the moulding pops off easily. just dont scratch the paint

· Registered
65 Posts
Put a finger on the bottom edge of the trim and gently work the trim out (pull the edge out with your finger tip). It will pop out and then just work your way up. The tabs are tougher than you think but still use caution, you really won't need much force.

Al

· Registered
2008 airbag
125 Posts
Like alzipp said above, grab the bottom trim and squeeze & lift at the same time. Then just follow it up. I think there are about 8 or so tabs.By squeezing the trim you are less likely to break the tabs as they come out.

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Foglights are in

Hi,
Thanks for the reply's on getting the cowl trim molding off. Came off easy enough. Got my lights installed. Not a bad job. The lights themselves were easy enough. Could have used a little more room behind the headlight adjustment panel. But I got my fat fingers in and all works fine

Thanks again for the help,
Spike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.