GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in installing after market rear speakers. I don't have speakers in there now What do I do about wiring? Does anyone sell a wiring kit without the speakers?

I hate listening to the radio through the headset...Crappy sound.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Electrical connection will sell the entire kit with speakers and the wiring or you can buy just the wiring and put your own speakers.

One word of caution.....the Wing Speakers are 3 ohm......most car speakers are 4 ohm. Even the Polk Audio Speakers you get from Electrical Connection are 4 ohm. The Wing Audio System from '01 - '05 does not have sufficient power for these speakers. I went with the Big Bike Coaxial Speakers with the wiring from Electrical Connection. They are three ohm units and sound really well in my opinion. But then again.....sound is subjective......just like seats, tires....etc.

Look at this link...........

http://electricalconnection.com/audio/s ... gl1800.htm

P/N 52-717 are the ones I bought. I even bought a second pair for the front so they would be a matching set.

HDL has them as well.....but you have to purchase the harness separetely

http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/store ... =716178938

If you are not going to run an AMP......these are the speakers to get.

RRP

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ron, I have an '02 so I'll take your advice about the 3 ohm. Which # on the Big Bike speakers? There are a few different ones.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I don't think 1 ohm is enough of a difference to do damge or impair the audio quality.

·
Registered
337 Posts
steve s said:
I don't think 1 ohm is enough of a difference to do damge or impair the audio quality.
I can tell you first had that the Big Bike Speakers sound better than the Polk's....this is you are not runnning an amp. If you decide to put an amp....the Polk's may be a better choice.

Lewis from Electrical Connection will tell you the same thing.

YMMV

RRP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts