GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my new Torqmaster exhaust system, Mufflers and Torq Loopz (still waiting for the optional baffles to arrive).

It looks like the directions from Jimmie are pretty complete. Anybody have additonal advice on the install :?:

THX :!:

·
Registered
211 Posts
I found that the pipes were too loud and had a drone without the extra baffels. They are just right for me now, not too loud when crusing but give some good sound when accelerating. I have had to retorque the exhust clamps one time when I started to get a leak sound when they were cold.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Things were going very well this morning installing the Torqmaster Loopz and mufflers.

Followed Jimmie's instructions and got everything apart and got the cats cut off the headers in about an hour.

I started to reassembly everything and noticed that in addition to the oxygen sensor connection that was already on the Honda OEM Header, (that I needed to use) the Torq Loopz also had a place for what appeared to be a place for oxygen sensors, but where slightly larger than my oxygen sensors anyway??

Made a couple of phones calls and got hold of Jimmie at Torqmaster. I got a big "Opps" on the phone when I described the problem.

Seems the Torq Loopz I received are for the 2006 GL1800 and not the 2001-2005 model. With the cats already cut off there is no way to go back easily right now so the Wing is unrideable until I receive the correct Torq Loopz, (OK I couldn’t resist firing the Wing up once with just the headers in place, LOUD, but not nearly as loud as I thought it would be!).

But, here is the really good part, Jimmie offers to drive out from Banning to Alhambra (about 75 miles one way) to personally deliver the correct parts to me :!:

Wow, now that is SERVICE!

Jimmie will be delivering them either late tonight or early in the morning, so it looks like I may still get a ride in this weekend with the new exhaust system!

I took the extra time I was "given" and changed the oil & filter, fixed my Ring of Fire wiring, installed protective lenses over the fog lights, removed the broken flagpole from the AM/FM antenna, tightned the pivot point on the new flagpoles on my Kuryakyn luggage rack and adjusted the reverse gear engagement a bit as it was not always fully engaging.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Thats service!!!! I always get "It's outta my hands". I was in retail for 15+ years and I would go the extra mile to make it right just to here my boss " I would'nt of done that". Then get written up for taking care of the customer yet the Boss woud'nt deal with them?????

I work in a machine shop now and I'm happy and quit smoking and got me a Gold wing :D :D

Glad too hear good out of bad.
Get us some sound bits of your exhaust??
Patrick

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
True to his word, I got up this morning and found Jimmie had replaced the '06 Torq Loopz with a set of '01-05s'(I left the '06 pipes in the driveway overnight for him). Great Service!

I spent most of the rest of the day putting the bike back together, nothing difficult came up, I just detailed and polished every part I had to put back on, never easier to clean and polish some those parts than when they are off the bike... Did add sometime to reassemble though...

My turn signal had stopped self-canceling after I went around a corner sometime during my trip back from Wing Ding. I found the problem when I was putting the front cowl back on, the attachment lever that turns the switch measuring degrees of turn was out of place so the switch wasn't getting turned! Easy fix, put the lever back in place, must have come out when the Traxxion Suspension was put in.

The Torqmaster Exhaust sounds great (at least in the backyard it does), it is a lot quieter than I thought it would, nearly as quiet as the OEM system (I have the optional secondary baffles installed). It has nice mellow sound with a bit of a snarl when you blip throttle.

I'll give it a good work out on the way to work in the morning!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts