GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 ABS, noticed that the back-light on the GPS cluster is not working. I doubt that the three light bulbs are burned-out since that bike is new. Where should I begin looking for the repair of this. all other instrumentation (back-light) working.

I know I can take the bike to the dealer, but I rather not and fix this myself. they tend to break more stuff than they fix.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
If its all of the lights, then I hate to say it but it sounds less like a bulb problem and more like a lighting supply wire may be broken inside the GPS panel. If you could swap it out with a known good one you could be sure. Do you have a riding buddy that has a Nav model that would let you do that? Other than that, it looks like a trip to the dealer for a new panel may be in your future. I doubt they would try to fix a panel with a broken wire in it. I know a few guys that have gone in under the extended warranty for burned out lights on the switch clusters and the dealers have replaced the entire cluster. Good luck....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts