1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I don't have that brand, however I do have textile chaps made by Colorado Chaps. I've had them for several years and they are holding up well and do a good job of keeping the wind off. Mine aren't insulated, but I've not needed that either and have ridden down into the 20s with no problems. Those are cheaper than the Colorado Chaps.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have that brand, however I do have textile chaps made by Colorado Chaps. I've had them for several years and they are holding up well and do a good job of keeping the wind off. Mine aren't insulated, but I've not needed that either and have ridden down into the 20s with no problems. Those are cheaper than the Colorado Chaps.
Thanks, I knew about them and they look like a quality product but I just needed some thing better then my unlined leather chaps, I think the EZ chaps will do.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I used to use flannel lined jeans and regular chaps over them. The lined jeans keep the body heat close to your legs and the chaps cut the wind and add another layer. If it was really chilly, I'd add silk long johns under the jeans.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I have a "regular" leather chaps that have a removable liner, just like the riding jackets have. Bought them a few years back at the International Motorcycle Show in DC from one of the vendors there.

Very nice, soft but heavy leather. High quality, smooth zippers, and with a liner that can be removed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Have had insulated chap ez for many years. Good product. Always carry with me. Great for cool mornings when out on trips. Got a pair for wife too. She says one of the best xtras I ever bought for her.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
My late missus turned me onto Colorado chaps because we got tired of the weight of the leather ones. The one nice thing about the Colorado chaps is she custom makes each pair and tailors them to you for a custom fit. Shes great to work with.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Well, there goes my budget! I have a set of cheap leather chaps, and they work OK, but fit poorly. I spend more time pulling up my pants because these have to buckle up above my regular belt, and where the belt section laces together in the back gets uncomfortable. For me, the Colorado Chaps are looking real good, maybe good enough to be an early Christmas present. :wink2:

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I like the clip over a belt idea, less belts around your waist as your sitting on the bike. I might have to look into them too. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I must be, I don't even know the word for it. I just use my rain gear pants and regular jeans and it seems like I'm good down to about 40 degrees. But both of those products look really nice. Thanks for posting the question.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Forget the leather, go to Academy sports and buy a snow suit pants, they come with suspenders. Good to well below freezing.

I have an inexpensive pair of insulated ski bibs that I bought at Dunhams. They work great down to about 35 deg. They have the suspenders and are water resistant.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts