GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had personal experience or someone they know had any insurance claim issues with the bike having a CT??

Personally, that would be the only thing that might give a person some pause about putting on a CT because there does not appear to be any evidence of systemic tire failures with a CT.

Other than the insurance issue I just can't think of a con vs. the many pro uses of a CT.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
When you hear that story, simply say.....prove it.

Show me one documented case where any type of claim has ever been denied due to the use of any non standard tire on any vehicle. Motorcycle, car, jeep, SUV, even huge balloon tires. Show me one case and I will accept your story.

No one has ever proved it in seven years. No case has ever been presented or documented.

Bald tires yes, but even with that, the claim is paid, you may end up being charged with negligence, but the claim is still paid.

Call your insurance agent, discuss it with them . The first reaction will be, I dunno, wha cha talking about.

He will call someone, they will call you and say, do you have a claim. what happened?? Oh you want to run a CT! We do not know, we have no criteria for that one.

And so it stands. They are not worried about it.

Someone turns left in front of you........was that the tire? No
Someone rear ends you, was the tire at fault........No
You run off the road, tire at fault..........No
Your wife drives over the bike........that is her fault. Lol!

No basis, no concern.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
I sent an e-mail to my agent with an attachment with a picture of my bike, the tire and the explanation. I asked for a response. He made calls and sent me an e-mail back that there was no reason for them to be concerned and that I was/am/will be covered. That email is in my inbox archive.. Just in case.

As far as I know, no one has gotten any different response from their insurance companies.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Has anyone had personal experience or someone they know had any insurance claim issues with the bike having a CT??

Personally, that would be the only thing that might give a person some pause about putting on a CT because there does not appear to be any evidence of systemic tire failures with a CT.

Other than the insurance issue I just can't think of a con vs. the many pro uses of a CT.
In a word.......... No...

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Friend of mine is running a c/t after watching how mine handles..To make a long story short..He had a front end slide coming to stop and I guess was not paying attention like he should have been ...but the bike a Street Glide went down into the sand and gravel at walking speed..Insurance adjuster came up looked the whole bike over wrote him a check and never said a word.

·
Registered
460 Posts
...but the bike a Street Glide went down into the sand and gravel at walking speed..Insurance adjuster came up looked the whole bike over wrote him a check and never said a word.
So it means he ended up with damage laing the HD down in walking speed... another reason to buy GW... tipped over GW = dust the bike off, yourself end go ...:coffee1:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
So it means he ended up with damage laing the HD down in walking speed... another reason to buy GW... tipped over GW = dust the bike off, yourself end go ...:coffee1:
Ya... lol hard to believe but it was over 2000.00 damage..Front fender ,scuffed floor board,exhaust,bottom of rear bag...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ya... lol hard to believe but it was over 2000.00 damage..Front fender ,scuffed floor board,exhaust,bottom of rear bag...
:eek:4: Not to bash the Harley, but that is quite a lot... considering the speed... Reminds me a fender bender we had years ago (2000) with our S40. Guy fails to stop coming out of parking lot. The speed we were traveling was about the same... fast walk.... Swiped our car from halfway front pass. door and stops on rear wheel..... After all was done and over total was close to 4K.
Sorry...didn't want to hijack the tread...:thumbup:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I personally know a guy that had a claim and they didn't even look at his tire. He has Progressive, and it wasn't an issue for him!

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I personally know a guy that had a claim and they didn't even look at his tire. He has Progressive, and it wasn't an issue for him!
I also know this guy and they could of cared less what tire's were on his bike :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
I also know this guy and they could of cared less what tire's were on his bike :thumbup:
Hummnn if Rocket knows him & JP knows him, than it would make perfect sense that I should know him. But I know nothing about a progressive claim that made his little incident smell like a bed of sweet roses ;)...... My insurance dude says as long as it's a DOT tire he don't care. He did warn me about the ice racing studs i used to run back in the day on the street in winter. Glad he moved out of my neighborhood :oops:Also said adjusters will never even look,know or care. Wait I did hear something,nope I was mistaken

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I know a guy that knows another guy and both these guys knows a guy that had a claim with progressive, and the guy ask the the claims adjuster about the car tire, the guy ask the adjuster if he cared and he said he didn't care said it would be alright.
I know this other guy that knows the other two guys and he said he should know about the the other guy because it would make perfect sense that he should know the other guy.
I don't know the other guy that the other guys are talking about, but i'am sure its true because i know three of the guys.
I hope this helps.:thumbup::joke:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I know a guy that knows another guy and both these guys knows a guy that had a claim with progressive, and the guy ask the the claims adjuster about the car tire, the guy ask the adjuster if he cared and he said he didn't care said it would be alright.
I know this other guy that knows the other two guys and he said he should know about the the other guy because it would make perfect sense that he should know the other guy.
I don't know the other guy that the other guys are talking about, but i'am sure its true because i know three of the guys.
Lol! :thumbup::bow::bow:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
That was a good one Slim!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Now I am pretty sure I do not know that guy,guys, or there brother in laws :lol:.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So I guess the bottom line is - why the heck doesn't everyone use a CT??

1 - 20 of 53 Posts