GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering which insurance companies you like. When I bought my bike a few weeks ago I found out my company does not insure bikes, 21st Century. I needed to make a quick decision on a new company and chose Progressive, mainly based on the commercials. Now that I have the time I would like to make a bit of a more informed decision. Who are you with and how do you feel about your company?

Thanks,

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Progressive is who I have also!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
522 Posts
I was wondering which insurance companies you like. When I bought my bike a few weeks ago I found out my company does not insure bikes, 21st Century. I needed to make a quick decision on a new company and chose Progressive, mainly based on the commercials. Now that I have the time I would like to make a bit of a more informed decision. Who are you with and how do you feel about your company?

Thanks,
Progressive here. So far so good, but no claims. 285.00 per year with full coverage. It went down 100.00 this year for some reason.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Allstate, protecting me from Mayhem...

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Nationwide. I usually shop around every renewal time. Rates are fairly close for me with the 4-5 companies I check. Will stay with Nationwide for now because I had a one vehicle off road accident 2 years ago. They gave me an accident forgiveness rate but if I switch, new company would give me the higher risk rate, at least until 3 years pass.

My regular company USAA also does not insure bikes, they partner with Progressive.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
AAA. Had a big MC claim last year, and I'm not happy with their service. They were not much better in another accident. I'm looking to switch.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Probably because of no claims?
Progressive here. So far so good, but no claims. 285.00 per year with full coverage. It went down 100.00 this year for some reason.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Nationwide have not placed any claims so cannot report on service. Had progressive for one year, when I got my renewal price went up..... double. No tickets no reason just major price increase. Now no progressive.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Nationwide have not placed any claims so cannot report on service. Had progressive for one year, when I got my renewal price went up..... double. No tickets no reason just major price increase. Now no progressive.
Had progressive, Now Geico, Much less, same exact coveage, pays to shop.

·
Registered
559 Posts
You may want to search the forum - several threads re "best" insurance company.

I have Progressive. Moved over from Geico.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have Progressive with very high coverage and low deductibles. $400 per year. Also pay extra $400 per year for full replacement value...they will buy me a brand new Goldwing if this one gets totaled.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Progressive. Had a claim on my yamaha royal star venture, recieved great and quick service.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Insurance

State Farm - 2010 GW $216/yr GREAT!

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Just about all of them will give you a good price on the first year of coverage then raise it the next year or so to get you sucked into their company. I have Progressive only because I have it for my two commercial work trucks and a lot of Ins. companies won't cover them (Allstate for one). I never had a claim yet on any of the trucks or the GW so they have lowered the premium every year for the bike, but not the trucks.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
It's different from state to state. I also am from California. The big deal breaker for me with Progressive and Geico and others, is their limited Uninsured Motorist in this state. They offer no more than about $30,000. I guess that will cover getting you to the hospital!!! With so many idoits driving with little or no insurance.... that just won't cut it with me. So for being in Kalifornia, I have Foremost. Fair rates and about the same as the other jokers! Have been lucky enough to not had a claim, buttt the extra coverage is important just in case!

Corventure Dave

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
AARP/Foremost. They were competitive on the price and coverage. Easy staff to deal with, but I never had a claim, so........

1 - 20 of 43 Posts