GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2002 Gold Wing which I added to my car insurance with AAA. I got the bill yesterday and boy was I shocked. $805.00 per year :22yikes:. I called them and they said they didn't add the discount for experience or rider education. I went online to Progressive and they quoted $235.00 per year for the same coverage. I curious to know what others are paying for their insurance.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
492 Posts
I bought a 2002 Gold Wing which I added to my car insurance with AAA. I got the bill yesterday and boy was I shocked. $805.00 per year :22yikes:. I called them and they said they didn't add the discount for experience or rider education. I went online to Progressive and they quoted $235.00 per year for the same coverage. I curious to know what others are paying for their insurance.

Thanks,
Gary
Just over $600 with Commerce in Eastern MA.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Insurance in Mass

Anyone have any experience with Progressive in Mass? They are quoting me about half of what AAA/Commerce insurance wants.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Travelers (The Premier Insurance Co of MA) costs me $543 / yr on my '02 and I'm in eastern MA. Totally clean driving record (63 yrs old) with multi vehicle coverage factored in. Would like to find a better deal too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Insurance in Western Mass

Well I spoke with a local motorcycle dealer today and their recommendation was to not go with Progressive even though their prices were lower thier service was extremely poor. So I guess I'll just stay with AAA and pay the extra premium.

Gary

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Gary,

My experience with Progressive is much different than what your dealer told you.

They paid out a "Total" within 15 days of the accident. No hassle, no muss, no fuss.

I have been using Progressive for motorcycle insurance for 20+ years with nothing but excellent service, responsiveness etc.

I would recommend them to anyone, that is insurable.

Bulldog

·
Registered
151 Posts
Gary,

My experience with Progressive is much different than what your dealer told you.

They paid out a "Total" within 15 days of the accident. No hassle, no muss, no fuss.

I have been using Progressive for motorcycle insurance for 20+ years with nothing but excellent service, responsiveness etc.

I would recommend them to anyone, that is insurable.

Bulldog
I am using Amica, have been with them for many years and I bought a New 2008 leftover Goldwing Last September and I am paying $800 for the year with much more than base coverage. There are cheaper options out there for sure but make sure you are comparing apples to apples before jumping. I checked a few and Gieco had seemingly the best price but they wouldn't let me easily bump up my coverage beyond the basic so I decided to stick with Amica. I haven't checked the discounts you can get through places like AAA, Costco and BJ's all of which I am eligible for.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Motorcycle Insurance

Well I ended up staying with AAA (Commerce) Their final fee was just a little over $500.00. Then they will let me reduce the coverage while the bike is in storage this winter, so it will be just about what Progressive quoted without all the hassle of changing insurance companies. Thanks to everyone who responded.

Gary

1 - 9 of 9 Posts