GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My insurance is coming due and I'm getting pounded for moving to VA. it's time to shop .
can someone point me to a past post on rates? I did some searches but it dosen't show any I know I have seen some
by the way 250/500 , 250 ded. is $514.00 here in Va. State Farm

Progressive wants 541.00 wow never a ticket or accident

·
Registered
507 Posts
:yes1: on the AARP/Formost, includes towing too!

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Sure wish I only had to pay $514 for my bike insurance. Mine is over $800/yr. Must be because I live in the sunny north florida area and they are trying to make up for what you guys are paying up north.

Just make sure whoever you travel with on your bike, has there own health insurance because SF doesn't cover any passengers, including your SO. Might want to ask that question from SF. My coverage is 300K/100K/300K with 500 deductible.

V

·
0 Posts
Geico Cycle, 300. annual. Insurance depends widely on the individual. Thats VA rate as well.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just got a quote for Formost thru Farmers Insurance. The amount is $224.00 a year including towing and roadside service. I pay right now $150.43 a year with the standard Farmers policy but it does not include towing and it isn’t a option. I’m not sure the towing and roadside is worth $70.00 more a year. From people who have or have had Formost what is the good, bad and ugly about them. Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
Insurance

I pay 250 yearly for a 2007 trike with American Family, fully covered with 500 ded.
I thought that was to much!
Maybe I am ok after all.......:excited:

==================================================

The engine says it all

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
02 wing full coverage 250 deduct, 09 ktm300 same, and ktm 400 liabilty thruogh progressive 480 annually..no tickets/ no claims..been with them 10 yrs

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I just got a quote for Formost thru Farmers Insurance. The amount is $224.00 a year including towing and roadside service. I pay right now $150.43 a year with the standard Farmers policy but it does not include towing and it isn’t a option. I’m not sure the towing and roadside is worth $70.00 more a year. From people who have or have had Formost what is the good, bad and ugly about them. Thanks
Insurance rates vary all over the map, depending on where you live. Out here in CA, my Foremost policy costs me about $500/yr. However, I have compared coverages and costs to a number of different other companies -- and Foremost has always come out ahead price-wise. I have only used the towing services so far, but they did right by me when I did have to use it. Because my insurance agent is also a good friend of mine, I went with his knowledgeable recommendation that they are a good company.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just paid mine, $179.97 for 6 months threw State Farm. I have my house and truck and wifes car threw them.

Spike

·
Registered
522 Posts
VA Rate

Geico Cycle, 300. annual. Insurance depends widely on the individual. Thats VA rate as well.

I didn't know there was a VA rate. I am with Progressive. I just got a quote from AARP and there was only a 10.00 difference. Not worth changing.
Progressive offers a discount for those that are members of HRCA. Mine amounted to 1.00 per year. Done with HRCA after this year.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I've got a 2007 Wing, 2001 XR650L, and two Yamaha Vino 125 scooters insured through Grange, full coverage for all four is $352.71 per year.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I pay $560.00 a year with progressive. That also includes $8000.00 in extra coverage to cover trailer and farkles. I think the rates are a little lower up north due to a shorter riding season. Here we ride all year round.
Kurt

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Full coverage
I see this term just about every time there is a discussion of insurance policies by consumers. I've worked in the insurance business for over thirty years and I'd really like to know what those of you that have this "full coverage" exactly have? Can you give me the specifics of what constitutes full coverage??

DaleC

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sure Dale I'll speak up
first NEVER a ticket accident or claim
54 yrs. 1 antique with State Farm and house, moved cars to GE half price same coverage
SF Cov, is 250/500 property 100K---100dedc. Comp. 250 ded. colision
uninsuresed same coverages
towing included
Floyd county Va. coverage may be higher here lots of deer

but I just got rated for Dairyland out of Wi. had them before they were great, but put everything on SF but slowly pulling that away
anyhow Dairyland was same exact coverage, $282.00-- also 5K in extra's coverage
Progressive same coverage $541.00
State Farm 512.00
so I will be switching after shopping but will give a couple more trys the guys mentioned here first.
Thanks all very much I'll contact AARP and see what they have and Geico
but yes coverage amounts depend on your state and County depending on the accident and claim ratings for them.
but the fact I can get the same coverage from a REPUTABLE comapny for half the price tells me some are ripping us off.
so thanks all and don't go with the cheapest company that may not pay a claim if needed, anddon't carry low amounts of coverage, my sister flew off a Harley after a guy hit a dead deer in the road (no helmet) and 13 steel plates in her head and 3 months of them telling me to turn off the machines that she wasn't gonna make it.
when she got out of the hospital just the hospital bill was 486 K yes almost half a million
I took care of her stuff while she was out of it and found out a lot about the importance of insurance and fighting with ins. companies.
Thanks agan all I appreciate it much-----------Ride Safe:thumbup:

here are the results-same coverage amounts 12 months
State Farm $512.00
Geico $389.00
AARP/ Foremost $277.00
Dairyland $282.00
Progressive $541.00

·
Registered
661 Posts
Allstate: 500.00 ded. actual cash value: 08' GL1800

$280.00 per yr. West Coast Florida

100K 300K uninsured motorists

51 yr old no tickets, safe rider, multiple bikes on this policy.

...............Don :nojoke:

·
Registered
164 Posts
You guys in the States are laughing with most of the rates I see! In Cannuck land you will never find anything less than around 800 bucks a year. I'm lucky and pay $771.00 per year, no road side assistance either just basic coverage.
Guys I know pay over a grand!! Our riding season is much shorter as well. We're getting the vaseline treatment that's for sure........
Bikes like Hayabusas are barely seen here anymore, too costly to insure.
The price of fun I guess.....

S

·
0 Posts
Progressive $91 for the wing and $43 for each additional bike. I pay under $300 a year for four bikes. Every year my rates drop $6 so if I live long enough it will be free or better!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts