GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys insure your off road vehicles?

I just got off the phone with my insurance company and another one. Bottom line is that for under 250 a year I can insure both dirt bikes and my son's new quad.

Just wondering how many other folks insure thier off road vehicles? I'm just worried about them getting stolen or me wrecking my truck on the way to or from the tracks and totalling them. The truck, or trailer insurance will not cover them.

·
Registered
19,100 Posts
I never did/do. Most of the times if an offroad bike is stolen or caught fire in your garage your homeowners covers it.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Most homeowners policies exclude motorized vehicles except those used solely for the maintenance of the insured premesis or to aid the handicaped. Check with your agent/insurance company to be certain.

Yes, I have always insured my ORVs at least for liability to others. Several of my riding buddies have totaled snowmobiles and 4 wheelers by hitting trees, rocks, stumps and even each other. :roll: I have also seen a few personal watercraft sunk.

I guess physical damage coverage depends on the vehicles value and the amount of risk you are willing to assume vs. the amount of risk you are willing to pay an insurance company to assume.

In any case, I always have and always will insure any motor vehicle I own for liability to others. I am not willing to risk my assets in a law suit. :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts