GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone with both a 2018 and a pre-2018 Gold Wing can tell if the wheels are interchangeable. The part number are different (2018 = ,42650-MKC-A00, pre-2018 = 42650-MCA-A00). but that can sometimes mean cosmetic changes only.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I believe a member checked this and said the bolt pattern was slightly different. So they will not interchange. Was it wingwing ?

·
Premium Member
5,629 Posts
Reactions: Art H.

·
Premium Member
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, everyone. Lots of construction around here, and the streets and highways are full of nails and screws and cotter pins. Thursday I holed the rear tire. Actually two holes. Both prongs of a cotter pin went straight through the tire. How does that happen? I pulled it out and the tire rapidly deflated. I plugged it (1048 miles), pumped it up with a Slime compressor and got home okay.

I was hoping that the wheels from previous years were similar, so I could buy a pair of used wheels as spares. Keep used tires on them for an easy swap when I get a flat. Then I still have a bike to ride while I replace the flat at leisure. Obviously not going to happen for a couple of years. At around $700 each, I'm not going to buy new wheels.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I believe that shops are starting to offer 2018 Trikes’s find one give them a call hey you never know...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts