GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a friend with a 2001 who is trying to get the noise suppression harness installed under warranty. Mother Honda says that it is an option, and says that they will not pay. I know this has been a topic of debate, but has anyone been able to get it installed under warranty? If so did the dealer just eat the expense? His dealer says that if he had a serial no. of a bike that had it installed under warranty maybe he could get Honda to okay it . Thanks

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I know for a fact that people have reported it being done by there dealers under warranty. Now thats what they have reported, what actually has been done ? I can't say. It's been quite awhile since it was reported, as a matter of fact I think it was on the old board. Maybe someone will respond, just maybe if someone had it done we all might luck out.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Not me!
The Honda Service Rep (not the dealer) told me they would pay me back for what I spent to do it but a year later still no $$$ from Honda.

Jerry

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey Oz. Here's what you wanted. 1HFSC47082A103070. The first dealer I called said that Honda "probably" wouldn't replace it because of all the " EXTRAS " I have added on my bike. CB,CD,Heated Grips, and so forth and that was what was causing the problem. I couldn't see it that way when it is all HONDA ACCESSORIES. I called another honda dealer and he contacted the service rep and they installed it as a "GOOD WILL JESTURE", Not warranty work. I didn't really care what they called it as long as I didn't have to pay for it. It seems to be up to the service manager and how he puts it to the service rep. Find yourself another
Dealer, one who will go to bat for you with the Honda Rep. I have a friend who has a 01 model and he had his done this week at a different dealer, so they are doing them. I just hope they don't black ball me now that I let you have my Vin. # the next time I need something done under warranty.(HA HA). It was like the first dealer was defeated before he even talked to the rep. The second one was like " Oh yea, I'm sure they will replace it, But let me call and make sure and I'll call you back when it is approved". In a couple of days he called back and told me to bring the bike on in. Hope this helps. Good Luck, John

·
Registered
104 Posts
Oh YEA! I had the part # the second time I called the dealer who fixed it. That seems to help. If you don't have it here it is: HONDA part # 32190-MCA-305. The 305 in the # means it is a Product Upgrade. Good Luck again, John

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had mine done under warranty by Honda Canada. Wrote customer service a nice letter and I was promptly taken care of by my dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I initially complained to my dealer of ICOM background "white noise" within a few months of getting my bike in early 2001. No solution was provided at the time.

When Honda finally released the noise suppression harness I went back to the dealer, told I wanted the problem fixed & I would not pay for the harness & I expected Honda Canada to do it under warranty.

They agreed & it fixed the problem.

Just be firm with them, tell them to fix it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts