GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 1800 that has an intercom problem. The passenger can hear and transmit fine i can hear her but cannot transmit to her.She hears me at about a 1 on a scale of 10. this is wit intercom volume at 18 and intercom mute at 1.
Any ideas? I checked the short cord in the left pocket to make sure it didnt have a broken wire.
Thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive tried several helmets and it does it with all. act like there is no volume control on the riders mic. no matter whatr the volume setting is i transmit very low unreadable at highway speed

·
Registered
124 Posts
Dennis Elliott said:
Ive tried several helmets and it does it with all. act like there is no volume control on the riders mic. no matter whatr the volume setting is i transmit very low unreadable at highway speed
I had the problem of the mike dropping out on my headset quite a bit. Swapped cords all over trying to figure out which one was bad. Then I sprayed my socket on the bike with slicone tuner cleaner. Seems there was some gunk in there because it has been fine ever since, and the cord is easier to plug and unplug.

I periodically spray all the plugs now just as PM.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks
Im going to clean the connection and check the plug in the radio it may have a bent pin from when the filter was changed

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found the problem. there was an autocom unit attached in the driverscom cord. I took it out and the intercom works perfect. i have no idea what this unit does it has a power lead and two plugs to break in the line. I looked at there web site and still couldnt figure out the purpose for it. anyway its in a box under the desk..
Thanks again for all your input

1 - 7 of 7 Posts