GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has taken his bike out for the first time this year... Now he noticed that his intercom is not working. Everything comes thru the headset , Nav, radio, Cb, but he can not here his passenger,nor can the passenger hear him. He tried changing helmets around without any luck,checked all the plugs... things look normal and tight. I am going over there tomorrow night to take a look and was just wondering if anyone may have any sugestions. mute buttons are off and vox is set in the medium position. Any help as were to start looking would be appreciated! 2002 Gl1800

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
My buddy has taken his bike out for the first time this year... Now he noticed that his intercom is not working. Everything comes thru the headset , Nav, radio, Cb, but he can not here his passenger,nor can the passenger hear him. He tried changing helmets around without any luck,checked all the plugs... things look normal and tight. I am going over there tomorrow night to take a look and was just wondering if anyone may have any sugestions. mute buttons are off and vox is set in the medium position. Any help as were to start looking would be appreciated! 2002 Gl1800
Does he have Mic-Mutes? If so they may be muting the intercom.
Also check the intercom volume. It is adjusted separately from the other audio volumes.
Something obvious, but easily overlooked -- is the intercom turned on?

Good luck.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Is the intercom icon showing up in the LED ?

A

·
0 Posts
+1 on the intercom volume check. Press in the volume knob until intercom volume shows in the display (for those who might not know and I am making no assumptions about you or your friend :lol:).

Also, if he has a passenger audio control installed that has a VOX switch or PTT, that would be something to check. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts