GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only had my '07 wing a couple of months and have not used the intercom. Wanted to give it a try on our next trip so ordered and installed headsets from Edsets and thier gps splitter. Hooked everything up and it worked fine. Left this morning for Knoxville and checked again before leaving and still sounding good. 30 miles down the road the gps started talking but there is no volume and can barely make out the instructions. Gps volume at max, aux volume at max still can't hear directions. Also noted radio volume is also affected. Thought maybe I left something loose but then I slowed for traffic and the volume came roaring back. What's up? Is this something I did? Can I fix it on the road? Heading to Wing Ding through the backroads of GA and would really like to hear the gps. Thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
111 Posts
Check the mute setting, the radio may be muting from wind noise and check that the aoutomatic radio volume control is turned on.

Go over the radio and intercom section of the manual. It can get confusing and take a while to fully understand all the controls. There are more adjustments than you think and may take you a while to fully understand them.

I could be wrong but that is my opinion.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Make sure the mute button is off as mentioned above. Try setting your intercom mute to " zero ". See if that helps. Sometimes wind noise will lower the volume.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I didn't know about the mute feature and will give it a try in a few minutes when we hit the road. Would have loved to have read the owners manual but the PO lost it and I have be relying mostly on this site and trial and error to learn about my new bike.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
I have noticed that on my intercom system, when the passenger is talking, the MORE (or maybe the longer) they talk, the lower the radio volume goes, and when the stop, the volume returns. I'm thinking that the wind noise is acting the same way, and causing the radio volume to lower. As was mentioned, I too am thinking that this can be preset, or turned off all together.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
This sounds like a silly question, but the manual is really unclear on the subject.. Does that intercom mute button value reflect how LOUD you have to talk to mute the radio, or the length of time that the radio is muted when you do talk, or how low the radio goes when it mutes?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
This sounds like a silly question, but the manual is really unclear on the subject.. Does that intercom mute button value reflect how LOUD you have to talk to mute the radio, or the length of time that the radio is muted when you do talk, or how low the radio goes when it mutes?
Joe, that's a good question. I wish I knew but all I know is that when I put my intercom mute to zero my problem is solved. If it is set at any higher value the wind will lower the music volume. Some one on this forum will be able to answer that question, I'm sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts