GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing I just bought a new Harley I need to convert my 5 pin headset cord to a 7 pin set up. Do they make an adapter 5 to 7? I kept the wing so I will need to swap back and forth.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Seeing I just bought a new Harley I need to convert my 5 pin headset cord to a 7 pin set up. Do they make an adapter 5 to 7? I kept the wing so I will need to swap back and forth.
best place I know of for this stuff is Edsets.com . BUT, checked their website and it indicated they don't have a 7pin version. Sorry, no idea...

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Actually you can plug your 5 pin into the Harley the 2 extra pins on the Harley are for MIC power and PTT but the Wing uses a Dynamic MIC the the Harley uses a Powered MIC the two may not mix you should hear audio but may not be able to talk not sure how the Harley unit would react to the Dynamic MIC but it won't hurt to try

·
Misinformed Member
2,272 Posts
I have J and M head sets and had to buy lower cords for each bike. Same helmet just switch cords.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's the headset I have. I figured I would have to get a different lower cord.
Will the intercom and radio work the same on both bikes?(with the different cords)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Are you using j&m? If so, all works fine. My ultra came with 1 HD headset/cord but I never used it. I went with j&m. J&m has high output headsets for hd use. The system seems to have more output in the wing. I am using my HO HD J&M headsets on the wing for 2 years and no problems

1 - 8 of 8 Posts