GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getin ready to drop a few bucks on open face mikes ,lets hear what yall have to say and the best deals out there i would apricate all the input i can get thanks in advance -austin

·
Registered
231 Posts
We have the open face J&M headsets in our Shoie helmets. Very good reception and fairly quiet. (wind noise wise)
Check with the Man at our host, HondaDirectLine for about the best deals.
Enjoy the ride :D

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have an open-face Chatterbox headset and I swapped the headphones for a set of Sony Walkman speakers. My wife has the J&M open-face and she likes it.

I

·
0 Posts
joded said:
im getin ready to drop a few bucks on open face mikes ,lets hear what yall have to say and the best deals out there i would apricate all the input i can get thanks in advance -austin
I just installed J and M HS 8134 headsets in our helmets, and although I haven't done any riding with them yet, (it is winter here in MI) I have tested them on the bike, engine running, FM radio running, etc, and they seem to work fine. No electrical noise. The installed in our Vega open face helmets with ease.

Good luck.

I

·
0 Posts
Helmet Intercoms

I just installed J&M HS 8134 intercoms in our Vega open face 3/4 helmets. We ride an 02 Wing that we bought last fall. Haven't been on the road with them yet since it is winter here, but I have checked them out functionally in the garage, engine running, FM radio on, and they seem to work fine. No electrical noise. Can't comment on wind noise but I don't expect that will be a problem. Time will tell. Installation of the units was a piece of cake and they are very well made.

Good luck.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
joded said:
ok

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Here is a link, someone else tried them and really liked them.

I have the J&M Modular jobs, and they work real well in the
Vega Flip front.

Nice to see your still around. Coming North again??

http://bluzplayer.biz/EdSets/

I

·
0 Posts
joded said:
joded said:
ok
Hi Austin:

J&M HS8134 intercoms (full or open face) are on Wingstuff.com for $79.95. They just dropped the price...of course just after I bought 2 sets for $115 each shipped. Oh well!

Good luck.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The EdSets are great, but I'm not sure if he has his open face models ready yet. I think they will be coming out soon. If they are anything like the two full face sets I have it will be worth the wait. Great music fidelity, easy install, great service. Standard disclaimer: No affiliation.

Glenn

I

·
0 Posts
Intercom Headsets

GAtkins said:
The EdSets are great, but I'm not sure if he has his open face models ready yet. I think they will be coming out soon. If they are anything like the two full face sets I have it will be worth the wait. Great music fidelity, easy install, great service. Standard disclaimer: No affiliation.

Glenn
Hi Glenn:

Open Face J&M HS8134's are available and have been for some time. I just bought 2 sets. When I say open face I mean for 3/4 helmets.
If you are referring to headsets for 1/2 helmets, I don't know about those.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts