GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my headsets and hooked into the intercom system on my 02 wing. If I turn the intercom volume up past 3 or 4, I get an annoying background noise. This noise is present even when the bike is stationary and is not a whining feedback like from a radio, etc. I can instantly get rid of the noise by either turning off the intercom or cutting the volume back down below 3-4. Is this noise normal? Is there a cure?

Also, I have turned the mute volume for the intercom up as high as possible, but when either I or my passenger talk over the intercom, the volume of the music from the radio does not decrease. I thought that this was the function of the mute volume feature.

My buddy just bought a 03 wing and we tried his headset and mine (different brands) on both bikes with the same results. Therefore, I don't think the problem is with the headsets.

I am new to the wing experience and not familiar with the intercom system or any possible faults. Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated. Everyone on this board is always a wealth of knowledge and information.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jon & Robert,

Thanks for the information. Not exactly what I was hopng to hear, but at least I know where things stand now and that it is not just something on my bike.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts