GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and i did a poker run yesterday after the last stop she plugged her head set back. There was no pop as usual and now the intercom does not work. SUGGESTIONS on what to check.

Thanks in advance
Richard

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Wife and i did a poker run yesterday after the last stop she plugged her head set back. There was no pop as usual and now the intercom does not work. SUGGESTIONS on what to check.

Thanks in advance
Richard
I have been getting this also...worrisome

·
Registered
467 Posts
I'd try switching the helmets and connector wires first between the driver and the passenger. After that, i'd pull the seat and check the connecion of the wire leading back to the plug in on the passenger seat.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mic mutes

COLLEENS DOES WIHT THE J&M CONTROLLER , BUT I CHECKED IT
Just found the problem intercom volume was turned down to 4 no sure how that happened.

thanks everyone

Richard,

Do you have Mic-Mutes installed ?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Just found the problem intercom volume was turned down to 4 no sure how that happened.

thanks everyone
You can bump and turn the adjusting button without knowing it, don't feel bad.

·
Registered
994 Posts
My passenger got the plug ends slightly mis-aligned and bent over one of the pins on the bike end. Took a bit to find why she could X-mit and hear the radio but couldn't hear me.

:joke: Might have been some of that selective hearing us guys are so famous for...

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Mine started this popping after I installed the J&M passenger controller. I am a bit at wits end

·
Registered
528 Posts

thanks everyone
Been there, frustrating, isn't it? You think the worst when eventually it occurs to you that the stupid thing has volume control...I wouldn't be without it though, it was a great investment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts