GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know what the interest would be in a get together, with other Wing riders, in the Bryan-College Station area one of these weekends. If you are interested let me know, as well as what venue would be best for a get together to get the most participation.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I'm just 50 miles away. I should be able to make it.
Venue? Is there beer?

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Sunday
Whatcha doing then.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I was at Greathouse Motorsports Honda in Bryan last week pricing tires and they mentioned they meet once a month for a ride. :biker: Maybe a good time to meet. http://www.greathousemotorsports.com/

·
Registered
481 Posts
DB

I was looking at the web site and notice they were open on a Monday. This must be a first. Never knew Honda dealers to stay open six days a week. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
DB

I was looking at the web site and notice they were open on a Monday. This must be a first. Never knew Honda dealers to stay open six days a week. :thumbup:
Woods Fun Center in Austin is open monday.
Heck They may even be open Sunday too. I'd have to check

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
So no one wants to ride Sunday?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Greathouse Honda has my bike in for service right now. I just checked on it yesterday and I'm not sure they are going to be done with it by this weekend. But, if they are I'm in for Sunday. It maybe a safer bet for me to plan on meeting next weekend.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bcs

Count me in :p

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great news, Greathouse Honda called and left a message that my Wing is ready for pickup. So with that said, where do we want to meet this weekend and which day is good for everyone?:doorag:

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Great news, Greathouse Honda called and left a message that my Wing is ready for pickup. So with that said, where do we want to meet this weekend and which day is good for everyone?:doorag:

Set a time, Date and Place, I'll be there

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I work the 3 to 11 shift so with that in mind I think meeting around 1130 or so @ Sams in BCS, could work. My thought were we could take about an hours ride or so then eat at the Longhorn Bar and resturant in Caldwell. Now, I have never been there before so it will be a " check it out and see" if it will be worthwhile to go back. In the window they have a sign about their 1/2 pd hamburgers. Anyway the route I was thinking about is as follows.
From Sams take
60w to 50n,
50n to 166w,
166w to 2039w,
2039w to 3058s,
3058s to Cr199w,
(if 199 turns out to be a dirt road I will go straight to 60 and go west)
Cr199w to 36s,
36s to 60w,
60w to 976w/ 60w
976w/60w to 111 to Caldwell and the Longhorn Bar and grill for lunch. After that it doesnt matter to me.
I am going to pick up my Wing right now. I will check back tonight to see if anyone still wants to do this ride or not.:doorag:

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Which Sams. I need an address

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I tried to follow your route.
I have been on 166 from 50 to 36 in Caldwell. That is a fun road.
Are you talking Saturday or Sunday?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm thinking of meeting this Saturday 3/21/09. The address is 1201 Earl Rudder freeway (Hwy 6). That address is approximately 1/2 block from Sams.
Let me know if that is good for everyone.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Looks like it will be just two White wings running around.
I'll see if I can find Sams
I'll PM you my Cell number. See ya there
Tom

·
Registered
17 Posts
BCS Ride

Guy's my plate is full for the day, and do not have time to join you for the ride, but I'd like to meet up with you to say hi and maybe plan future trips. Saying that I'll drop by SAMs around 11:30 or so. See you guy's there.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Guy's my plate is full for the day, and do not have time to join you for the ride, but I'd like to meet up with you to say hi and maybe plan future trips. Saying that I'll drop by SAMs around 11:30 or so. See you guy's there.

Put that plate in the fridge , you can eat it later :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts