GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the Uni-go is what I am looking for.

A few questions:

For those of you that have it, how do you like it?
Do you find it carries enough?
Handles well, full or empty?
Good quality/workmanship of the trailer?
I have a Bushtec vertical hitch, there's an adapter for this, correct?
I live in Phoenix, AZ, where to purchase regarding price, (although it looks like "one-price-fits-all"); service after the sale, etc?).
What about replacement tires, is there a spare available?

Anything else you'd like to add would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike :s13:

·
Registered
578 Posts
My opinion;

I had a UNI-GO. I have a BUSHTEC.

Leave aside all the quality problems with my UNI-GO and the catastrophic failure of the factory hitch. I assume the new owners have taken care of these problems.

I ride without a passenger. Yet, I truly enjoy the extra space afforded by my Quantum GL. The luxury of carrying tools and all the extra clothing and stuff that I may not need is priceless...to me.

As many have stated when asked what it is like to pull a trailer?...any trailer...the answer is usually the same..."I DON'T EVEN KNOW THAT IT IS BACK THERE".

In defense of the UNI-GO it is probably the sleekest looking trailer out there. Otherwise, no benefit.

Kinda like when you bought your first ride. It was more than likely a smaller model. You then worked your way up to a GOLDWING. I think that the same logic may apply to trailers.

Heck, my full-size BUSHTEC doubles as a picnic table.

You can't carry a cooler chest on a UNI-GO.

·
I U Turn
888 Posts

I love my UniGo. Have about20K on it ,including 10K in one trip.
Great for two-up moteling. Tows great full or emptyI have had
no problem with it at all.
**** :D

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Have a Unigo. Never had a 2 wheel trailer of any kind, but am totally satisfied with the Unigo. Mine came from NZ and I had 0 problems with quaility, fit etc etc. As for benifits over a 2 wheel trailer, it tracks exactly where your MC tires go. I don't worry about the shoulder drops when sliding by on the right side of a left turning car. I also can take it into the motel or hotel room and have done so many times with no problems from the motels. At many rallies I see the 2 wheel trailer crowd looking for a place to lock their trailers to for security. I just wheel it into the room. Don't think any 2 wheel trailer can do that or most of the other 1 wheel trailers. As to amount it holds, it holds plenty for me and SO for 2-3 weeks of travel. When I see some of the stuff that comes out of 2 wheel trailers, I wonder why they just didn't bring a truck. I don't camp as 30 yrs of military service has cured my need for camping, so I don't need tent space, chair space, grill space etc etc. Ease of use and also ease of storage. Mine goes right under the work bench out of the way. Again, other trailers need a place to park and they sure as hell can't fit under a work bench.

·
Registered
19,256 Posts
happy with my Bushtec-but I like that you can fit the Unigo thru the motel door

·
Registered
872 Posts
topster said:
Have a Unigo. Never had a 2 wheel trailer of any kind, but am totally satisfied with the Unigo. Mine came from NZ and I had 0 problems with quaility, fit etc etc. As for benifits over a 2 wheel trailer, it tracks exactly where your MC tires go. I don't worry about the shoulder drops when sliding by on the right side of a left turning car. I also can take it into the motel or hotel room and have done so many times with no problems from the motels. At many rallies I see the 2 wheel trailer crowd looking for a place to lock their trailers to for security. I just wheel it into the room. Don't think any 2 wheel trailer can do that or most of the other 1 wheel trailers. As to amount it holds, it holds plenty for me and SO for 2-3 weeks of travel. When I see some of the stuff that comes out of 2 wheel trailers, I wonder why they just didn't bring a truck. I don't camp as 30 yrs of military service has cured my need for camping, so I don't need tent space, chair space, grill space etc etc. Ease of use and also ease of storage. Mine goes right under the work bench out of the way. Again, other trailers need a place to park and they sure as hell can't fit under a work bench.

DITTO

·
Registered
9 Posts
Uni-go trailer

I purchase mine from NZ. I used it first on my 2000 BMW, then switched it to my 2002 Goldwing and now on my 2004 Goldwing. The 04 Wing just became a Trike because I could no longer comfortably hold the bike up(AGE) and have been happy with the Uni-go from day one. Never experianced any problems with the quality or the handling. I ride one up and with carefull packing it should be good for two. I agree with Topster 100 percent - - - the ole geezer

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
topster

Ya know.........you are right about Topster. Poor old guy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
New York City ?????

Frisky - - - It is hard to believe that you are Triking in NYC. I used to commute from Jericho, LI on a 2 wheeler and that was scarey with our wonderful city drivers, but a Trike? WOW! At least you connot fit between two cars and have one driver open his car door on you just to slow you down and not let you pass him. - - - the ole geezer :chatter:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
poleman said:
topster said:

DITTO
DITTO #2 ---- but I see now you have bought a Bushtec - good for you, I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Uni-go...

I am leaning towards the Uni-go, like the idea of the single wheel and light weight. If I can't get what I need in another 5cuft, I probably do not really need it. Got a couple of questions though...

What is everyone using for hitches?
Is the Uni-go hitch frame or sub-frame mounted??
If not the Uni-go hitch, what type / brand??
Any problems with the hitch being 'too loose'?
Are we seeing any quality improvements in the product now that the Ohio group is in more permanent quarters??

TIA, Jeff

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
What is everyone using for hitches?
You use the same type hitch arrangement as other trailers - the Uni-Go specific coupling slides into the receiver of the standard motorcycle hitch - I used the Bushtec hitch.

Is the Uni-go hitch frame or sub-frame mounted??
If you get the Bushtec is it 4 point mounted - I think to both the frame and sub-frame. I don't know about the hitch Uni-Go sells - I'm sure they do not make it but buy that from one of the regular hitch makers. Call them.

If not the Uni-go hitch, what type / brand??
Bushtec

Any problems with the hitch being 'too loose'?
Nope

Are we seeing any quality improvements in the product now that the Ohio group is in more permanent quarters??
Dunno - got mine back in May as one of their first ones. I have not heard anything recently on quality or delivery. Whatever they tell you for delivery time I'd double that and if they ship earlier you'll be happy.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'd be interested in hearing from someone who has purchased a new Unigo recently as I am leaning towards purchasing one too.

·
Registered
713 Posts
poleman said:
topster said:

DITTO
DITTO 3

1 - 15 of 15 Posts