GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had to post about my ride this evening.

It is about 35 deg. right now in Indiana. I just got home from cruising around town for about 45 minutes.

I have not done anything like that for over 30 years......... :) :)

I had taken my trailer to a friends house and left it there for some modifications that we are going to make. Then my son called and suggested I come over for supper. By the time I left there it was 37 deg. outside. I had to ride throught town to get home. (2 miles). Well I got lost and ended up getting home about 45 minutes later and about a 30 mile detour............. :) :)

As most people on this board can remember back when we drove 57 Chevies and 65-66 Mustangs along with some GTO's it was always fun to cruise. (orange ones were always the fastest) :)

I even had a chance to do a little street racing with a corvette. Not much speed involved. He pulled up beside me and gunned his engine. Well you know the rest. We were going about 35 MPH at the time. When we both took off I had already shifted to second gear and it was fun. It lasted for just a few seconds but I did like the results. He did not try it again. :) :)

I thought when it was over how stupid I would have looked trying to explain to my wife how I got a ticket for it. Oh well I guess some things never really change...... :) :) Until I got the 1800 I thought I had grown up.......... :!: :!:

The Wing is now back in the garage waiting for some forecasted snow..... :( :( Hopefully not much, Come on SPRING :D :D

·
Registered
882 Posts
Ross said"Well I got lost and ended up getting home about 45 minutes later and about a 30 mile detour"

Hey Ross,
We never get lost on a wing. Just take "ALTERNATE" routes.

Did my highlights in orange for you.

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
I went to the gas station last week to gas up the bike for the trip to work the next morning.

it is 2.5 miles to the gas station , some how the bike got 23 miles put on it before I got back home

1 - 3 of 3 Posts