GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
I'd like to know what became of the U turn person. Did they stop? Did they get a ticket? If so, probably a lame "failure to yeild" or "illegal U-turn".

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Wow!! ^5 to the guys who helped the rider! Hope the rider mends quickly.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Wonder how fast the bike was going? Looks like he was out of control long before he hit the car. Not saying it was his fault at all, I wonder if it could have been avoided.

·
DSI Keeper
9,183 Posts
RodFarmer has a good point. It looked as if he laid the bike down before impact as I was seeing sparks. Goes to show how 'laying a bike down' to avoid an accident isn't always a good choice. But, it wasn't video to go on. Hope he recovers quickly.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
RodFarmer has a good point. It looked as if he laid the bike down before impact as I was seeing sparks. Goes to show how 'laying a bike down' to avoid an accident isn't always a good choice. But, it wasn't video to go on. Hope he recovers quickly.
I have to agree too.

The cage driver should have never left the scene. Based on the video, it doesn't look to have possibly been his/her fault. Just a hunch but speed and/or inattentiveness looks to have possibly been a factor for the motorcycle. Keep in mind though, we can't see what the signage is around that intersection.

Either way, I know the cage knew what happened and I am sure they saw the fire in their rearview mirror. There were probably other self-motivating circumstances that swayed their decision to leave the scene such as no license, no insurance, or a warrant for arrest.

·
Registered
268 Posts
The cage made an illegal U-turn. Still the motorcyclist should have been able to compensate for the illegal U-turn if he was traveling at a safe speed. Either way, I am glad he was rescued. I do not know about the others here but, I have done some pretty bone headed things on a motorcycle and went faster than I should in areas that I should not have.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just remember there are enough people out there trying to kill us, we shouldn't be trying to kill ourselves -- stay alert, stay alive as the 'Sarge used to tell us

·
Registered
989 Posts
Hate to watch stuff like that...Hope his recovery is good. With that said it looks like he was hauling azz. When you view the bike hauling azz, it is already down. How fast was he going before going down...:shrug:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts