GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In gear sitting still if you release the clutch a bit while not touching the throttle it kicks the rpms up a few hundred all by itself.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Strange, mine does not do that. If I am behind other cars going through the guard gate, I am holding my badge up for the guard with my right hand and let out the clutch just inside the friction zone to get rolling up to him and it never increases RPM, but drops just a touch (as expected and just like my 2010).

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Strange, mine does not do that. If I am behind other cars going through the guard gate, I am holding my badge up for the guard with my right hand and let out the clutch just inside the friction zone to get rolling up to him and it never increases RPM, but drops just a touch (as expected and just like my 2010).
Try it again...it happens before you get to the friction zone. So fully depressed and just as you initially release it.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Mine does that also. I posted something about it a few months ago and was told it was designed that way to assist in take-off to avoid killing the engine so easily - which I did frequently after coming to a Wing from an Indian:rolleyes:

·
Registered
597 Posts
By design from Honda helps prevent stalls getting a heavy bike moving from a dead stop.

·
Registered
530 Posts
The ridiculously tall 1st gear in BMW RT's is one of several reasons I don't consider owning one. With two-up, starting uphill at altitude, there's a big load and little torque, so that means revving and slipping the clutch a lot to get them moving. GL1800 - nope, just engage at idle and go no matter what or where.

By design from Honda helps prevent stalls getting a heavy bike moving from a dead stop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts