GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Thanks, that is interesting. Now to to try one with the Glare? products.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Not surprised that the Zaino did so well. If you touch it up every two weeks with the Z6 detailer it will last for a few months.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I "discovered" Zaino products on other forums (one for a Mini Cooper and one for auto detailing) several years ago.

They offer a number of products ranging from mild polishes, a couple sealants (not really waxes), and a couple type of quick detailers. I use their leather conditioner in my car and on the seat of the bike and I really like how they look. I also like their tire treatment for my car.

I have been using their all in one (AIO) product and two of their quick detailers on my bike. The AIO product removes those scratches you see reflected in the sun on a dark paint and puts down a layer of protection.

Of all the waxes/sealants I've tried over the years, Zaino seems to have the best balance of ease of application and staying power. It does last a long time if you refresh it with their detailing sprays.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Thanks, Fred. I am down to my last several cans of Astro Shield (another polymer-based, longer lasting vehicle finish), which has apparently gone out of business and was looking for a replacement.

·
Mild Hog
596 Posts
I've used Zano before and I know it last a long time. I used to show a car and I've tried most . I was surprised to see NXT fall off so quick. I like to use it because goes on fast and wipes off fast. I wonder if this guy has tried "Pig Snot". It takes a little work to wipe it off, but it has a great shine.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I discovered Zaino when I bought my new 2002 Chevy Avalanche.
I have 180,000 miles on it and the paint still looks new. I still get comments how good the vehicle looks.

I've used it on my '02 Goldwing since getting it in June '06. It too looks like it rolled off the factory floor.

Highly recommended. It really works and is easy to apply.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Several provide a great initial reflective shine but most won't last. From my experience:
1-10 gloss, ease of application, and durability rating.

Glare---7
Eagle One Nano---6
Turtle wax products---4
Rejex---3
Meguiars products---6
All Spirits Polish---9

None really last.

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
I've used the Zaino products in the past and found them to be very effective. However for the past year I have been using the Turtle Wax ICE products and and have learned to like them very much. I use their wash product, then their wax, and then in between waxing, I use their spray detailer. The visual results are very impressive. I'm not sure about their lasting properties because I seldom leave very much time between applications. Just my experience, you results may vary.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I'm a big fan of Zaino, but an even bigger fan of Collinite over Zaino.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
I'm a wax freak myself, and have to pile on the Zaino bandwagon. I was very skeptical at first, but I don't use anything else now. I tried NXT when it came out. I thought it left a nice shine at first, but did not last anywhere near as long as Zaino.

·
Registered
880 Posts
100% Good information, Thanks Fred.
One must remember that one might not be able to get Zaino in small town USA.
The trick is to be diligent in keeping the bike clean and waxed. Next time for a wash/wax it is easier.

Bobalou

·
Registered
583 Posts
bumping

Thanks Fred

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Thanks for the helpful information...I have been using NXT since day one on the wing...With this interesting and informative test on waxes and posts from others board members here on this forum...Looks like I will try the Zaino on the next waxing
Thanks

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I didn't see anything in the manual for a wax schedule so I haven't bothered. Geez, what else do I have to do that's not in the manual?

Thanks for the info, Fred.

·
Vendor
22,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
FYI,

NXT now has a new version out (NXT 2.0) that they claim lasts longer. I have a bottle in the garage but haven't tried it yet.

If you are really after long lasting protection, I think the polymer treatments will always outlast anything that is Carnuba based. The down side is the polymer treatments don't have as deep as shine as carnuba, and they also seem to make dust stick to the vehicle more readily. The up side, is some polymer treatments can last several months.

I put some NuFinish ($6 at Wal Mart) on my car almost a year ago, and it still beads water fairly well. Rejex is another polymer based treatment, and from what I can tell from the Zaino site, I think it is also a polymer type treatment.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
FYI,

NXT now has a new version out (NXT 2.0) that they claim lasts longer. I have a bottle in the garage but haven't tried it yet.
I have. Washed and clayed my Tacoma pickup truck a few weeks ago and used Meguiar's NXT 2.0 (new version??).

Goes on nice and easy. Very easy to buff off without leaving white streaks. Actually read the directions (!) and waxed entire vehicle and then used a Microfiber cloth to bring out the shine. My truck is dark Indigo Pearl (dark blue) and it looks great. So far it is holding up well, but it has only been a few weeks. BTW, it smells really, really good...

Super slick surface, probably due to a combination of this wax and the claying I did...I like it so far.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I have. Washed and clayed my Tacoma pickup truck a few weeks ago and used Meguiar's NXT 2.0 (new version??).

Goes on nice and easy. Very easy to buff off without leaving white streaks. Actually read the directions (!) and waxed entire vehicle and then used a Microfiber cloth to bring out the shine. My truck is dark Indigo Pearl (dark blue) and it looks great. So far it is holding up well, but it has only been a few weeks. BTW, it smells really, really good...

Super slick surface, probably due to a combination of this wax and the claying I did...I like it so far.
I clay mine about mud season and then just before i put it up for the winter.
Really gets the crap off the paint.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts