GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I'd like to check one of these out to evaluate performance, comfort and see it's gadgets. Could be safer in winter and graveled road scenarios.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
892 Posts
"NEOWING is an unprecedented three-wheeled vehicle..." Not really "unprecedented" as Tilting Motor Works has been around since 2014. I like both of them and when I get to the point where I need to trike, something like this is what I will consider.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
IMHO this is way overdue. Honda has underestimated the potential sales market of trikes. Aftermarket vendors, Harley and CanAm have benefited greatly from Honda's absence in the trike business. However, it appears that Honda has well thought out the design of the Neowing, keeping the ride experience as close as possible to a two-wheeled motorcycle. it remains to be seen if Honda can actually market it and keep the price reasonable and competitive.

·
Registered
318 Posts
This article is more than 3 years old and still it's not in production.
But if it'll get out, I'd be greatly surprised to see it under $30k price tag.

·
Registered
21,025 Posts
Seems like a great machine and I’m pretty sure one of these days Honda will start selling them.

·
Registered
470 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
This article is more than 3 years old and still it's not in production.
But if it'll get out, I'd be greatly surprised to see it under $30k price tag.

Three years old, I'd say forget it, but it is a most interesting three wheeler, but three years, I don't think so. Anyone ever heard of the Elio?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Three years old, I'd say forget it, but it is a most interesting three wheeler, but three years, I don't think so. Anyone ever heard of the Elio?
The patent filing for the suspension on the 2018 Goldwing was filed in 2015 so I don't see that 3 years is a long time for concept to production.

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
goldwing

Honda has been using electric power steering on some of their quads since around 05 or so. I first I thought it was unneccsary, then I rode one. What a difference! It helps to counter bump steer and allows smaller people to ride easier.

I'm assuming they are only talking about the Neo-Wing.

Rayjoe

·
Registered
735 Posts
I remember seeing this when it first was announced in 2015, about the same time as the 3 wheeled Yamaha Niken. But the Niken is actually in production, and not a word from Honda. The Niken gives more rubber on the road with the two front wheels, but offers no new stability at slow speeds or stopped. You still have to put your foot down and balance the "bike" when stopped. If Honda ever produces this 3-wheeler, and adds the feature wherein at very slow speed the wheels lock in position so that very slow speed manuvering and coming to a stop can be done without taking your feet off the pegs, they will get a lot of takers. I love my GW, but recognize that at some future date it will just be too much for my aging body to handle a 900 pound plus bike when stopping, and/or having a tough time lifting the bike off the side stand. If equipped as I suggest, this Honda could be a bike that most could ride well into senior citizen years since it would be stable, yet while moving would still feel like riding a regular motorcycle.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I remember seeing this when it first was announced in 2015, about the same time as the 3 wheeled Yamaha Niken. But the Niken is actually in production, and not a word from Honda. The Niken gives more rubber on the road with the two front wheels, but offers no new stability at slow speeds or stopped. You still have to put your foot down and balance the "bike" when stopped. If Honda ever produces this 3-wheeler, and adds the feature wherein at very slow speed the wheels lock in position so that very slow speed manuvering and coming to a stop can be done without taking your feet off the pegs, they will get a lot of takers. I love my GW, but recognize that at some future date it will just be too much for my aging body to handle a 900 pound plus bike when stopping, and/or having a tough time lifting the bike off the side stand. If equipped as I suggest, this Honda could be a bike that most could ride well into senior citizen years since it would be stable, yet while moving would still feel like riding a regular motorcycle.
I guess (hope) that Niken will add lock in position in future models. Would love to test-ride the "bike".
Niken for solo and the Neo for 2up is perfect combo for an old(er) age.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts