GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As usual we rode back from Americade in the rain. Although in the mid 50's I was looking forward to the comfort package to take the edge off. It was working fine (seats and grips) for about an hour and then quit ! Stopped for lunch and didn't work when we continued our ride. Cleaned it up when we got home and the system worked?

We're new to the Wing and we didn't ride it long (3K) before installing a new Corbin. We have a great Wing mechanic in Frank at Binghamton Honda and a warrantee on the '08 just curious what "the board" thinks.

Bad heater relay? Thermistor? Corbin after market seat? :shrug:

·
Registered
571 Posts
The seat heaters and grip heaters are all linked so if just one part goes bad the whole system will shut down.
The most common fault is a faulty heated grip, if part of the heating element is bad they will quite often work for a while then go open circuit which shuts down everything on the heating system. After the faulty element has cooled down and the bike has been switched off the system will reset and work OK for a while, and so it goes on!
Another common problem is the multi pin connector on top of the heating controller behind the left saddlebag, it might be worth checking every single pin connection in both halves of the connector for a loose or bent pin.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Heated seats and grips

I have an 06 with extended warranty. My grips went quit working last fall. I took the bike in for warranty work and they diagnosed a bad left grip and replaced it early this Spring. Since its replacement the the grips are still intermittent. They will at times operate for hours and at other times operate for a short time. If I stop and restart the bike they will again function normally, and at other times quit working again. I will take it back in for warranty service. Other than that I have not had any other problems in 55k. Still have 2 years and some change on the extended warranty and glad I purchased it.

·
Vendor
18,584 Posts
You can find infomation on that at JustWings.com > printed material > technical info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts