GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

For some time I have, on infrequent occasions, noted no start when I push the start button .The lights go out but nothing no click no attempt at turning over etc. I'll then do something; turn it off then on again change gears ,move it to neutral and it will start. It spins fast when it does work, but sometimes I can turn it off and again on and nothing, do it again and it starts. The reverse works normally, cruse light comes on. I'm inclined to think it's a problem with the start cruse reverse module on the bar on the right. It's still under warranty, and I'm taking it in tomorrow. What do you folks think it might be?

Thanks,
Motodoc42

·
Registered
73 Posts
Alot of folks been having problems with the kill switch.I'd check that first.I would barely bump mine and the bike wouldn't run.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Motodoc,

Seeing as you didn't mention any other known problems, my first guess would be a lose connection at the battery or being as she is 5 years old and heat is a batteries worst enemy it very well could be a battery going bad a bit early...

If not one of those I would look at the starter switch as a suspected problem...

Until more is known I'd start there...

If you don't have a VOM it would be best to, as you are going to do and take her to the Honda store..

Good Luck

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
You may have gotten a bad battery. If it is showing 12.89v without starting it, then it is a bad battery. The voltage will drop to below 10V when trying to start and that is not enough to start a GL1800.

Take the battery out and have it load tested at a battery shop.

New battery do go bad. I had one less than a month old and it would not start my bike.

Hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts