GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this question a while back and did not get much response and now that I have a little bit of time to fix the problem I would appreciate any suggestions.

1. Tach not working all the time- My tach only reads about 25% of the time when riding and will occasionally start working for a short time when riding.

2. The LCD radio readout on the dash works when I intially start the bike and ride for awhile but after about 30 minutes or so it ceases to function. The clock/odo/trip still works at all times.

Any suggestionas are appreciated.

Thanks
Don Saenz

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,372 Posts
I posted this question a while back and did not get much response and now that I have a little bit of time to fix the problem I would appreciate any suggestions.

1. Tach not working all the time- My tach only reads about 25% of the time when riding and will occasionally start working for a short time when riding.

2. The LCD radio readout on the dash works when I intially start the bike and ride for awhile but after about 30 minutes or so it ceases to function. The clock/odo/trip still works at all times.

Any suggestionas are appreciated.

Thanks
Don Saenz
I would be looking at the connectors in the white frame under the left fairing pocket area. If it doesn’t have a left fairing pocket, it’s the area directly under the left front speaker, straight down about 6-8 inches into the beast. Corrosion in them can cause all kinds of gauge and display issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts