GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this unit come standard with an internal recharge battery? Is this battery user replaceable?

As can be told, I'm getting serious about ordering this unit because of all the good (and bad) things I've heard on this board over the last while.

Thanks to all for the posts - ESPECIALLY to Jon for all this work and info.

Ken H>

·
Registered
788 Posts
OK, I'll bite. What "unit"?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Duh - dummy me!!

Iway 500C - I made the two posts pretty close together, and been researching price and what the Iway 500C would do, how to mount with a Tall Tulsa, etc and just forgot other folks can not read my mind - especially over the internet.

With more reading, I "think" the Iway does have an internal battery. That's what the AC adaptor that comes with it is for - correct?

Ken H>

·
Registered
788 Posts
Re: Duh - dummy me!!

KenH said:
Iway 500C - I made the two posts pretty close together, and been researching price and what the Iway 500C would do, how to mount with a Tall Tulsa, etc and just forgot other folks can not read my mind - especially over the internet.

With more reading, I "think" the Iway does have an internal battery. That's what the AC adaptor that comes with it is for - correct?

Ken H>
I always start reading posts from the top down, that's why I didn't read your mind. :wink:

I downloaded the iWay manual from their website and there is NO mention of an internal battery - just AC and DC adapters. From what I understand, the iWay gets pretty hot during operation, indicating high power usage (3 Amp fuse is recommended in the Manual). I don't think that any battery would last more than a minute or two if the power consumption is fairly high.

The iWay500C has the best 'bells and whistles' of any unit out there, but it also has the absolute worst reputation for quality control. Many owners have gone through more than one unit to get one that works. The moderator of this board is on at least unit number 9! :cry:

1) Lots of bells and whistles
2) No internal battery
3) Extremely poor reliability

You pays your money and takes your chances! :shock:

:click: iWay500C Manual

·
Registered
918 Posts
No internal battery. External power only. There is a AC power adapter which allows it to be used off the vehicle, but it just powers it not charge anything.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At 3 amps fused, it would pull a battery down in a hurry - I expect with the AC adaptor it would work just fine.... perhaps a bit of a hassle, but still ok.

Thanks again folks for all the help - heck, I might as well get one ordered - it's only money {grinning}

Ken

1 - 6 of 6 Posts