GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Broke down on the way to Alaska in Great Falls, Montana
Front bearings and axle damage! Won't have parts until Tuesday at Honda dealer! does anyone on this board live near Great Falls who may have a used front wheel for an 05 goldwing? At campground waiting it out on my anniversary

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I checked the 1800 rider contact list, and there are no listings for Montana. I hope the dealer can help you on tuesday.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
A fellow rider helping out another. It does not get any better! :thumbup:

·
Registered
905 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
preacherjack,
sounds like you have in fact located parts ,,as you said the HD rider is "going to ride 100 miles to get them". good deal!
Please post back when you have time and explain what happened to your Wing to let others know what the 'symptoms' were in regards to your bearing/axle failing. Me included.
I have never had a bearing go out on any of my 2 wheelers. Now watch,,in the next month probably both front and rear bearings will go out of the ol bomb now,,:)
Have a good rest of your 'up north' trip,,and post pictures,,when you return!

take care,
bc

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Thanks a Harley rider has offered to make a
100 mile run to get parts. I guess I can accept.
I guess you should hope he's not one of those wing and harley owners that reads this board. If it was me I'd say "Well, I guess I can let you sit."

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I guess you should hope he's not one of those wing and harley owners that reads this board. If it was me I'd say "Well, I guess I can let you sit."
You guys are too sensitive, sounds like a bunch of woman.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Thanks a Harley rider has offered to make a
100 mile run to get parts. I guess I can accept.
What does the brand of bike have to do with someone helping you. I would just be glad someone was trying to help:confused::confused:

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
I just got a phone call... just so happens I have a front wheel. :)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Can't use the gold book. Remember GWRRA is horrible and good for nothing.
Kurt :thumbup:
Damn, can't take help from Harley guys and GWRRA is worthless. Better call some BMW riders and hope for pity.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I read the I guess part meaning, I guess I will intrude on a total stranger and ask him to go 200 miles out his way for me instead of hopefully getting in touch with a local forum member. I took it as the OP feels sort of bad having this guy do this for him. Even though the "harley guy" offered, that's a big thing to accept.

Damn some folks just read into stuff way to much and automatically assume it's for the bad.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts