GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am heading out tomorrow (Sunday 9/15) AM for Columbus OH and my route just changed to run 70 instead of 80.
Anyone tell me how the road conditions are thru Western PA to Columbus OH on 70 are.

I know 80 is in good shape but know nothing about 70

·
Registered
148 Posts
interstate 70 condition

I just left Hershey, PA last Monday heading home to Colorado. I took 81 to Hagerstown, MD, then 70 & 68 to Morgantown, WV. There I took 79 to Washington PA, where I picked up 70 again. This route was on the advice of my brother who lives in Hershey and drives a lot. He said there is typically a lot of construction zones on the turnpike.

70 & 68 in MD/WV is a very nice road with light traffic. 70 west out of Washington had a LOT of truck traffic on it, but I don't remember the road being bad. Be prepared for a lot of truck traffic to Columbus. And a lot of law enforcement.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
There is a website called roadnow.com

Find I-70 then pick which state / section you want

Gives construction/weather/accident info.

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just left Hershey, PA last Monday heading home to Colorado. I took 81 to Hagerstown, MD, then 70 & 68 to Morgantown, WV. There I took 79 to Washington PA, where I picked up 70 again. This route was on the advice of my brother who lives in Hershey and drives a lot. He said there is typically a lot of construction zones on the turnpike.70 & 68 in MD/WV is a very nice road with light traffic. 70 west out of Washington had a LOT of truck traffic on it, but I don't remember the road being bad. Be prepared for a lot of truck traffic to Columbus. And a lot of law enforcement.
There is a website called roadnow.com
Find I-70 then pick which state / section you want Gives construction/weather/accident info.

Thanks guys,
After Columbus OH heading to Lexington KY. Sooo after checking I think I am going back to my original plan. 80 out and 64 to 68 back.
THANKS AGAIN much appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts