GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would introduce myself, I'm an active member of the Big Dog forum and they seemed to get pretty excited if new members did not do an introduction. Not sure if this forum requires the same....anyways,, my name is Rick, live close to Pinehurst in North Carolina, that's probably the only name anyone will recognize anyway. I just sold a Big Dog Wolf, prior to that I had a Big Dog Pitbull, these are mostly custom 'chopper' looking bikes, 45 degree rakes, 300 rear tire.... etc etc.....bikes....anyways I've had various other bikes in the past, many dirt bikes, many street bikes to include a Goldwing some years ago. I think I have all those OUT of my system and I'm ready for some comfortable riding. I'm starting off with an older 1800 Goldwing to absolutely ensure myself these other bikes are completely out of my system, I may move up to a newer model once I'm sure. Probably will have a lot of questions for those willing to help. The TECH board seems very helpful as I've been reading that forum a lot.

I'm retired Army, spent most of days in the 82nd Airborne here at Bragg, decided to settle down here after I retired, still work on Ft Bragg for the Army. I can tell you first hand our soldiers go through a lot, stress is thick, they have difficulty holding a family together after 5- 6 deployments, so pls keep them in your thoughts and thank one every time you have the opportunity.

I'll be in touch...the bike I'm getting has about 1K$ or more in extra LED accent lights that I do not want, ring of fire front and rear, cowling, trunk, etc....I'll most likely try to sell them on this board, assuming it's OK for the new guy.

Rick

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
Welcome to the party Rick! While an introduction is always a good thing, it's not required, but it does give us all a little insight to who you are.

Lots of good folks here and like you said, the "Tech Board" if full of good info. Be sure to check out the "How To" board as well. There are a lot of posts over there that explain "How To" do a number of common tasks.

One other small tip...don't post questions about which oil to use, which tires to use, which bakes pads to use, blah, blah, blah. Those questions have been beaten to death over the last "umpteen" years. A quick search will answer all those questions. :lol:

And thank you for your service! :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Welcome Rick! The Goldwing is a much different ride than you're use to for sure. I think if you give it some time, you'll come to love what the Wing offers in the way of power, comfort and dependability. Feel free to post for sale items over on the Classified board and ask any questions you may have (except what Bartman said) ;). There are plenty of those answers on here already.

Also a big thanks for your service!

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Àrmy huh - oh well, guess we'll let it slide since my dad was army and a Pearl Harbor survivor. :wink:

Welcome to the forum, don't be in a hurry to strip the bike, you may end up liking some of the stuff. And feel free to list what you don't like. Keep an eye open for get-togethers in your area. Lots of good folks on this board.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Welcome to the forum... and... Thank you for your service!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
ALL THE WAY Rick

You will find that there are a few Acey-Ducies and Pucking Buzzards here.
And a lot of Legs,but for the most part all good people.

You can do a lot to the Wing or nothing.

It will remain a very good ride.

I drove down Haye street a few years ago.

What happened.?
Way too civilized not like the "combat Alley"of the early sixties.

Now drop and give me twenty-two

·
Registered
116 Posts
Welcome Rick and I also thank you for your service. I joined in May of 2013 and didn't post until December. This forum has helped me sooo much and I know it will help you.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Welcome from so cal. Lots of info on this forum.

82nd Airborne 1965-66

Thanks for your service.

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts

Welcome from Sunny Florida. I appreciate your service and the sacrifices that only military members know about.

USAF 66-74 Munitions Maintenance Squadron (AMMO) We build the bombs
:eek:4:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts