GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at Wing Ding, it hit me that we had never had a Rivco Flat Foot peg on our MOPs. Since their chrome is high quality, I thought they might go well on our mounts. I stopped by their display, told them what I was doing and they gave us a set. We put them on and this is what we saw.

They look like they were made for MOPs. Since we couldn't use the clevis extensions that come with them, I returned them to Rivco. After they saw what we were doing, they said that anyone who wanted a set for their ***** could call and they might be able to sell just the peg by itself at a slightly reduced price. Just mention you want to mount them on MOPs like we had at Wing Ding. Note: We do not sell this foot peg. Our models all come with our pegs.

For those of you who want to do this with your existing MOPs, you will need to get two 5/16" lock washers per side to add to the coupling nut you already have. (This only works for the heavy duty spring models.)

• Slip one on the bolt between it and the leg.
  • Tighten.
  • Put the other on the Rivco bolt over the treaded end.
  • Tighten and you're set.

We think you'll be very happy with the result.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
That looks pretty cool!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Dan,

Looks similar of what we did on my MOP's by installing the light weight Kury foot rest and heavier spring. Very comfortable and nice look.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Dan,

Looks similar of what we did on my MOP's by installing the light weight Kury foot rest and heavier spring. Very comfortable and nice look.

That's what I did. Matches my Kury floorboards and passenger transformers.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes. And I'm assuming you have a pre-2011 set, so you would also need the heavy duty cover and legs along with a coupling nut. It would be nice if it could be just a spring, but it is larger and won't fit in the standard cover or attach to a standard leg. So, if you now have a standard, pre-2011 set, the total cost for two sets of each part would be close to $160. You could probably sell your set for around $200. All 2011 sets come with the heavy spring included and cost $329.95.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Back when I bought mine I asked Jim about the heavy spring. He said it would dent the arm without the heavy peg on it. So I went with the standard spring. Not spending another 160 for springs and 75 for new pegs.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Back when I bought mine I asked Jim about the heavy spring. He said it would dent the arm without the heavy peg on it. So I went with the standard spring. Not spending another 160 for springs and 75 for new pegs.
Totally understandable. Jim redesigned things this year so the heavy spring could be used both on our pegs and heavier pegs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts