GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been lurking for a couple of months and its time to ask some questions before I pick up my new bike.
My post in the WTB board is not spam, it is a bike I considered, it is a member of the Conroe SCRC selling the bike.

I'm Greg and I live in Magnolia, TX, just north of Houston. I stopped ridding a few years ago and sold my 03 Orange Goldwing then.
Started missing it and mentioned it to a good friend who let me ride his VStrom a couple of times and now I'm waiting on a Blue, level 3, 2012 from Schroader's.
I don't mind waiting through the 100+ August days we are having and looking forward to the ride home.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Welcome, and contratulations on the new Wing. I'm sure you won't be dissappointed!

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Welcome back to the Wing family and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Have been lurking for a couple of months and its time to ask some questions before I pick up my new bike.
My post in the WTB board is not spam, it is a bike I considered, it is a member of the Conroe SCRC selling the bike.

I'm Greg and I live in Magnolia, TX, just north of Houston. I stopped ridding a few years ago and sold my 03 Orange Goldwing then.
Started missing it and mentioned it to a good friend who let me ride his VStrom a couple of times and now I'm waiting on a Blue, level 3, 2012 from Schroader's.
I don't mind waiting through the 100+ August days we are having and looking forward to the ride home.
Just curious, when did you order your blue level 3 and when is it due in?

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Yes July and August in the South......and this year Texas has been hammered.

I prefer the cold and heated gear. This heat gets unbearable. Today with clouds from a hurricane, it is still over 100 with the heat index. Humidity about 85.........

Looks like soon, in about ten days it will start down. It will only be 90 degrees and a winter coat will be required. :joke:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just curious, when did you order your blue level 3 and when is it due in?
Wingd1800, I ordered it August 9th and it is due around the 25th of September. I saw someone else waiting for the same shipment.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Wingd1800, I ordered it August 9th and it is due around the 25th of September. I saw someone else waiting for the same shipment.
My brother put $1k on a blue level3 from Schroaders back in April sometime and his due date is 9/24 I guess blue lvl 3's are popular and in demand because Jesse told him if he wanted a red or black lvl3 he could come and get one but not blue lvl3.:shrug:

Oh by the way, a big welcome shout from NewYork:thumbup:

·
Registered
556 Posts
welcome to the board, is black not available anymore?:shrug::joke:
just messin with ya.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Welcome to the fun!

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Congtars on the new bike, getting a new bike is always a great experience, I Know what you mean about the hot weather, here in So Calif where you can usually ride all year round it's been over 100 every day for the last couple of weeks.

·
Registered
19,323 Posts
Welcome. I ride thru your area at least monthly usually coming up thru 362 stopping at that restuarant by the railroad tracks in town

·
Registered
624 Posts
Welcome Greg,

Maybe you can pick up that new Wing and ride it up the road to Wings Over the Smokies, Sept. 22-24. There could be one or two additions there for you to add. :thumbup:

Enjoy the ride and God Bless.

Mike

·
Registered
196 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats on the new wing!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts