GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would introduce myself. I live in Chesapeake Virginia and have been surfing this board for about a month now and have picked up alot of good ideas/info. Just picked up my new 04 Red 1800 about two weeks ago, already have about 1500 miles on it and lovin it. My last bike was a Harley Ultra, the one before that a ST1100. Already have done several modifications to my bike, mostly to make it more comfortable for my long monkey arms and legs (6'3"). Having somewhat of a hard time getting used to the small grip diameter having just come from about 40,000 miles on a Harley Ultra. Nothing a few aftermarket items cant fix. I particularly am impressed with the smooooth acceleration throughout the entire power band this bike possesses (you know what I'm talkin bout).
Thanks for all the ideas, keep them coming. :lol:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Welcome aboard. I have had my 04 Candy Red Wing for about 3 weeks and I can't wait for the next ride. Roll On......

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi there JJMAN.
I am also another newbie to this group like you, with my one week old Black Cherry 04 GL1800.
Hopefully sometime, somewhere our roads will cross...
Until then,

Ride safe,

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
JJMAN said:
Having somewhat of a hard time getting used to the small grip diameter having just come from about 40,000 miles on a Harley Ultra. Nothing a few aftermarket items cant fix.
Welcome to the board!!

The KURY ISO grips are much nicer, and wider. That was my choice to have a bigger grip.

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Welcome aboard JJMAN. I am also from Chespeake and would love to hook up sometime. Drop me an email if your interested. I hope to hear from you soon.....Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.