GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would introduce myself. I live in Chesapeake Virginia and have been surfing this board for about a month now and have picked up alot of good ideas/info. Just picked up my new 04 Red 1800 about two weeks ago, already have about 1500 miles on it and lovin it. My last bike was a Harley Ultra, the one before that a ST1100. Already have done several modifications to my bike, mostly to make it more comfortable for my long monkey arms and legs (6'3"). Having somewhat of a hard time getting used to the small grip diameter having just come from about 40,000 miles on a Harley Ultra. Nothing a few aftermarket items cant fix. I particularly am impressed with the smooooth acceleration throughout the entire power band this bike possesses (you know what I'm talkin bout).
Thanks for all the ideas, keep them coming. :lol:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Welcome aboard...and keep that odometer roll'n the miles up :D

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Welcome!

You're going to love your new ride, but it seems that you already do. Welcome to our group. Sure will be glad when the snow stops flying out this way.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Welcome aboard. I have had my 04 Candy Red Wing for about 3 weeks and I can't wait for the next ride. Roll On......

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi there JJMAN.
I am also another newbie to this group like you, with my one week old Black Cherry 04 GL1800.
Hopefully sometime, somewhere our roads will cross...
Until then,

Ride safe,

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
JJMAN said:
Having somewhat of a hard time getting used to the small grip diameter having just come from about 40,000 miles on a Harley Ultra. Nothing a few aftermarket items cant fix.
Welcome to the board!!

The KURY ISO grips are much nicer, and wider. That was my choice to have a bigger grip.

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Welcome aboard JJMAN. I am also from Chespeake and would love to hook up sometime. Drop me an email if your interested. I hope to hear from you soon.....Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts