GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all. I've been lurking around for a couple of weeks in anticipation of buying a Goldwing. Finally took the plunge on Sat. and bought a white '06 ABS. I've been riding a V Star 1100 for a couple of years after not owning a bike for about 12 years. Should have bought a Wing then! I am just amazed at the performance of my new Goldwing. My face is hurting from all the grinning. I've already picked up a lot of tips here and I'll try to be a good board member and use the search function. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Refrigerator White w/ABS would be my #1 choice. Congratulations!
Accessory time, go slowly. :lol:

I would put black trim to make it look LEO, but that is just me.

Herb

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Congrats on the new wing, welcome to the board!!

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
Ask any questions you like. The only folks that get peeved are the same ones that get irritated when you say good morning. (you know the type) The rest of us are here for the fellowship and exchange of information.

·
Premium Member
19,853 Posts
Welcome-I too had a VStar previous to the Wing. The only thing I miss is the VStars forward feet position(Silverado) but the Wings power is smooth and torquey.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Welcome aboard. Let the (S)miles begin.

I have a bud that rides an 1100 V, and he is looking at getting the new, larger Yamaha. It is carbureted, heavy and does not have the amenities of the Wing.

I hope that he takes a second look.

Bulldog

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
WELCOME!

White is the coolest. Glad to know there's another one on the road.

Be careful asking questions about oil (brand and type), and crush washers. Those threads will be long and full of opinions. Best to do a search on previous threads rather than starting a new one. :wink:

Enjoy the ride. My '06 was my first one in 25 years and I love it. What a ride! If you decide to make it down to "Biketoberfest" in Daytona, we'll try to hook up somewhere. I'm sure there will be a number of board members making the trip.

Be safe!

Bartman

·
Registered
210 Posts
Enjoy your new ride like we have. Best of luck to you from another new winger in Southwest Missouri.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Welcome!
Enjoy your new ride. There's a wealth of information and help on this forum. Just ignore the rest! :D

Stop in the chat room sometime and get to know us.

Becky

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I have a white 2006 ABS also.............you'll LOVE it.

G

·
Welcome Todd,

Now a word of advice.
Don't mention Harley's, crush washer's, oil, filter, wobbles, tire brand your using, or your neighbor's wife.

Other then that, your sure welcome here............ :yes1:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.