GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
Who is it for:
Long Standing GL1800 Members
..At least one year membership.
..At least 500 posts (subject to waiver for 2018 ideas)

What is it:
A place to advertise a GL1800 accessory you made ("invented") and wish to sell to other fourm members.

Limit to one new invention post per month.

What it is not:
A place to sell parts that compete with our paying vendors.

How it works:
A prospective Hobby Shop Forum poster creates a new thread with details and pictures of the product. The original post should plainly describe what it does and how much the item will cost including shipping. The post will include at least one high resolution picture (preferably more) of the product.

New threads will go into a holding que until a Moderator can review it.
A new prospective "Invention" will not appear until a Moderator has reviewed and ok'd it. This may require some talk between the moderators if the "product" looks like something in a "gray area" (that is, it's not something original ..or other objections).

After a new thread is approved posts responding to it will appear as usual.
Posts that deviate too far from the original thread will be deleted.

This is a pilot program and will be limited to 25 posters (products) until the Moderators and owners get comfortable with how well (or not) it works.

Rules subject to change as we figure out what works and what does not.

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
To avoid confusion..
Do not try to start a new thread unless you are trying to apply for one of the initial 25 slots to advertise your Invention.

Questions?
This thread is a good place for that.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
What's the procedure to apply?? Should I post and wait for approval?
Yes that's how it works.

Until it gets approved, only the moderators will be able to see it so post it just like you want it to appear.. approval from mods will merely enable everyone else to see it too.

Try and get it close the first time because if it gets significantly altered, it may get pulled and sent back for approval again.

See the "How It Works" section in the sticky for minium information required

·
Premium Member
5,635 Posts
What's the procedure to apply?? Should I post and wait for approval?
Yes. Create a new thread per procedures, rules listed above. We moderators review and if approved, clear it to be posted for the World to see.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
To avoid confusion..
Do not try to start a new thread unless you are trying to apply for one of the initial 25 slots to advertise your Invention.

Questions?
This thread is a good place for that.
Dennis , When you have a new invention that you want to list , does the old invention you have already listed ,stay in the thread along with the new invention or does the old invention get deleated ? Thanks, Roger aka Yoda

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dennis , When you have a new invention that you want to list , does the old invention you have already listed ,stay in the thread along with the new invention or does the old invention get deleated ? Thanks, Roger aka Yoda
Yoda,
At this point in time, the answer would be "no, the older invention does not get deleted".
Go ahead and apply for your new idea.

I say "at this point in time" because participation in the Hobby forum has been less than expected. However, if someone were to abuse (in our opinion) the Hobby forum by publishing an excessive number of "Inventions", the policy will come under review again and may be revised.

The underlying guiding principal here has always been the same: "be reasonable".

Thanks for your participation. :thumbup:

Dennis

·
Premium Member
5,635 Posts
Yoda,

At this point in time, the answer would be "no, the older invention does not get deleted".

Go ahead and apply for your new idea.

I say "at this point in time" because participation in the Hobby forum has been less than expected. However, if someone were to abuse (in our opinion) the Hobby forum by publishing an excessive number of "Inventions", the policy will come under review again and may be revised.

The underlying guiding principal here has always been the same: "be reasonable".

Thanks for your participation. :thumbup:

Dennis

Agreed.

And, to keep the area clean, different inventions, unrelated items need to be in different threads - even if offered by the same inventor.

Carry on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
What about an item that Ive made for years and that a vendor had been selling for me? Yes there are other items like it sold by other vendors, but my item is different and original. I believe you probably know the item. The vendor I had selling as had declining sales due to over pricing and I would like to get back to selling them myself without all the overhead. You can pm me your response if you'd prefer. Thanks..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts