GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to get the update to iOS and see if CarPlay had been changed? Curious minds want to know...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's available to me right now, just don't have wifi at the moment, dang it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Update completed and CarPlay work fine, just like it did previously. There is some different looks to the native apps but all good.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
sweet! Ive been looking forward to this one. 2 car play apps at the same time.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
My phone is rebooting after the update right now. Will play with it when I get home from work.

Reactions: Drgsin and rmw700

·
Registered
128 Posts
I updated mine before I left work...used Waze and Music...other than a bit of a new look, everything worked as before. I didn't have a lot of time to play with it. It didn't seem to move the 'last used app' icon to the top like it used to...

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I just updated and ACP worked first time which almost never happens. Screens look different especially the split screen where my pics show Waze and music. The other pic is not using the split screen.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I just updated and APC worked first time which almost never happens. Screens look different especially the split screen where my pics show Waze and music. The other pic is not using the split screen.
What is APC?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Can you make the right split screen show anything else?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Downloaded & like every Apple update before, it works brilliantly!! Try it on the bike tomorrow!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I downloaded and installed iOS 13 yesterday. Yes, CarPlay does what's advertised. The initial screen will have several options available. You can select which one you want to make full screen. I selected Waze to run full screen after having the multi-option display up. I didn't get to play around much, but so far it's pretty cool though it does represent another learning curve to traverse.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I installed iOS 13 and have a weird situation going on. When I activate CarPlay, it comes up in the split screen display, maps is on the left and iHeartRadio and. gas on the right. When I select Waze on my phone, it only displays on my phone and the audio switches to my helmet and I can’t hear it through the bike speakers when I select the audio button on the bike. Also, I can only adjust the volume on my helmet. Once I turn Waze off, everything goes back to normal. Bluetooth is off on the phone, so not sure why this is happening. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Pikester

·
Registered
356 Posts
Can you make the right split screen show anything else?
Not yet. Hoping for that in future iOS 13 updates. I've been using 13 now for a couple of months in beta and it's been great and stable.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts